Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sakura D3 CS vs D4 AWD
Hello.  New to the forum as well as RC Drifting.  Been doing quite a bit of reading the past few days and I believe I've narrowed my chassis decision to either a D3 CS or a D4 AWD.  So I feel the D3 CS is the chassis I "want", however maybe the D4 is the chassis I should get.  I'm leaning toward the sakuras because I feel they will give me the best starting package.  I like the front motor layout of the D3(probably just because its different), but im not sure if thats what i should get.  What i dont want to do is get a chassis that i will outgrow in a year.  Am I looking in the right direction or should I be looking at other chassis all together?  Price is important too.  trying to stay around $150 for chassis alone.  Thanks!

Shaun
I have th d3 and love it. My last rc was 50/50 and this is harder to drive than that. But I would look into the d4 and the d3 on this forum and read people's builds and troubles on them. After I read a few. I leaned towards the d3, shortly after I picked up the d3 roller from another member for $60 and I'm glad I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
A few months ago, I was also on the fence between the D3 and the D4. I currently own both D4's. What pushed me towards the D4 over the D3, despite the slightly higher price tag, were the YouTube reviews. I suggest you watch those and see if the "cons" they found on the D3 are something you wouldn't mind dealing with. I've seen many people upgrade and tune their D3 to perfection, so I'm not here trying to sway you away from the D3. If it's the front motor design you're after, getting the D3 to perform isn't impossible. I, on the other hand --at that time, wasn't sure how much I was willing to spend to see the D3 drift to my liking. So I opted to pay a little more for the D4 and only make changes here and there to have it drift the way I like it.

Like 619 drifter said, see what other people have gone through with their cars and figure out if that's the path you'd like to take.
--Sean

HPI Sprint 2 Sport | 3Racing Sakura Zero S, Sakura D4 RWD & AWD | Turnigy SCT 2WD | BSR BZ-222
at this point in time a stock D3 is no longer a good investment. the D4 replaces the D3 and has the necessary pieces to run better oob.
If you compare D3 and D4 by just looking at its quality.. D4 beats D3 hands down.. even by just looking at it :)
Thumbs down. ^ it's about preferance. And if u actually have money to put Into the d3. I bought the d3 for 60 bucks. I picked up a few things and it's good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hello everyone,
This is my first time on a drift forum and i'm new into the rc drifting world. I've bought the https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/109291 as my first rc drift car. As a result, I hated the hpi nissan s13. I need help on deciding which rc drift car is the best for a good price. I was looking into the sakura d4 and the d3 cs, but not sure which one is better. My budget is $300 so if anyone is willing to help me, that would be great!
Thanks
If you are still looking for d3 and d4 chassis new I don't suggest wasting your money further. After testing the MST rmx-s, I think it is definitely a better chassis out of the box.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
I was looking for mst too, but I never knew it would be better than the sakura's! As said before, I really don't know much about rc drift cars so where would be the best place/cheapest place to buy it? One more thing I have to ask is what electronics would be best on the MST rmx-s?
Thanks
(05-21-2017, 12:10 PM)Drift noob Wrote:  I was looking for mst too, but I never knew it would be better than the sakura's! As said before, I really don't know much about rc drift cars so where would be the best place/cheapest place to buy it? One more thing I have to ask is what electronics would be best on the MST rmx-s?
Thanks
Sorry rmx is not a Cs chassis.
Out of the box, rmx is better than d4.

Wrong thread. Open new thread will reply there.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD