Sakura D3 for first CS Drift

9 Replies, 2706 Views

Thoughts on Sakura D3 for first CS drifting?
Good to start on.. CS is a lil high for a beginner, but thats what practicing is for.. hehe.. just search the forums there are plenty of threads here about it.. i am an avid D3 user..
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
(11-03-2014, 03:09 PM)Combat_Drftr Wrote: Good to start on.. CS is a lil high for a beginner, but thats what practicing is for.. hehe.. just search the forums there are plenty of threads here about it.. i am an avid D3 user..

Thank! I'm new to CS drifting
no worries man... we were all new at one point.. search for my threads.. first thing you should purchase as an recommended upgrade is FOW and get some spare belts.. D3 are notorious in chewing up belts.. hehe.. welcome to the ownership of a D3.. if you need further help just pm me...
The underdog drifter....
I rock a D3 and I love it. I started with a 50/50 redcat (hsp) and always felt like something was missing. When I got me D3 I was amazed on the realism to 1:1. Yes, it was difficult to control in the beginning but with throttle control practice I was holding it together real good in no time. Tunable & affordable. 18 months later I still have it and won't let it go.
i am in the same boat as you.. i have sold off many chassis before my D3.. it has a special place in my heart..
The underdog drifter....
(11-03-2014, 04:36 PM)Combat_Drftr Wrote: no worries man... we were all new at one point.. search for my threads.. first thing you should purchase as an recommended upgrade is FOW and get some spare belts.. D3 are notorious in chewing up belts.. hehe.. welcome to the ownership of a D3.. if you need further help just pm me...

Thank man! looking forward to it Smile
HPI Cup Racer
Yokomo MR4TC-SD
I have the d3 clone and just love it....

Sent from my GT90X using DriftMission.com, powered by appyet.com
:devil: weapon of choice :- D3 Clone.
I have just started building my own d3! It is my first dedicated drift car. I do own a tt01 which I built years ago and had a few cars inbetween. But haven't drifted much!

I just plan on practice practice practice, what can go wrong? Tongue
(11-08-2014, 10:19 PM)Sparky Wrote: I have the d3 clone and just love it....

Sent from my GT90X using DriftMission.com, powered by appyet.com

Awesome! Any pics?

(11-09-2014, 10:57 AM)alex_ashton Wrote: I have just started building my own d3! It is my first dedicated drift car. I do own a tt01 which I built years ago and had a few cars inbetween. But haven't drifted much!

I just plan on practice practice practice, what can go wrong? Tongue

I'm planning to get a D3 soon hopefully! currently drifting with a TT01 with few hop-ups! check out my video in "Rc drift tracks" Big Grin
HPI Cup Racer
Yokomo MR4TC-SD