Sakura d3 squeeling noise

7 Replies, 3427 Views

hey guys,
so i finally finished putting in all my electrics into my new chassis, i then played with it for a bit and decided i would have a crack at putting the FOW in, with some deep breaths , common sense and sitting backing thinking about my next move i finally got it out and in and all back together AND I DIDNT EVEN HAVE ANY PARTS LEFT OVER! Thats a record for me i was so proud of my efforts.

Anyway when i first took it for a strap before i fitted the FOW and that i noticed there is a really loud squeeling / screetch going on up the front. I havent had time to really try and diagnose whats going, i dont know if its a belt or if its the spur gear too hard up against the pinion on the motor i dont know, i will have a look tonight but its really loud and annoying and drove my missus crazy at 6am this morning while i got a little friday morning fix. oh and i did notice after my first run yesterday there was a little bit of white dust around near the motor??

any insight would be awesome!

oh and a massive thanks to Pickled , his instructions on the fitting of the FOW were very helpful!

here is a quick clip on the noise its making under power.
http://youtu.be/t1_m07dW93w
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2013, 10:40 PM by ihaydz14.)
Sounds like really bad gear mesh.
the white dust will be from wear to the spur gear try loosening the motor then put a  piece of paper between the spur and pinion and tighten the motor back up take out the paper and that should help if not fold the paper and re do it
pickled your a legend cheers
+1 rep lol
damn it you beat me to it again.. hehe.. yeah sometimes the meshing of the gear will cause that.. and pickled stated exactly what you need to do... how you liking the d3???
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
(04-19-2013, 04:45 AM)Combat_Drftr Wrote: damn it you beat me to it again.. hehe.. yeah sometimes the meshing of the gear will cause that.. and pickled stated exactly what you need to do... how you liking the d3???

im liking the D3 just finding it very hard to get used to. finding the happy medium in throttle is very challenging but thats all the fun isnt it, practicing and getting perfection. But im really happy with the quality for the money. Now i just want to upgrade to Lipo batteries and maybe buy a new combo.
great.. yeah the CS is pretty high for a beginner, but like you said just gotta find the sweet spot and then control from there.. i need practice myself on it too.. but with the KPI i find it so much more smoother and more predictability.. whatcha running anyway?
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]