Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sakura D4 Drivers Update
This question is directed at Sakura D4 drivers ,

We all know the ( D4 VS Y-D2 ) discussion has been had before , but overtime , experiences change and flaws begin to show , most reviews of this subject online are now outdated as its 2017 . How has your experience with the D4 been , was it worth it , have you been to the track and found something better you wish you purchased instead ?  

Would you purchase the D4 again if you could go back in time , or would you purchase something else ?

Would you recommend the D4 over the Y-D2 ?

Has anyone driven both the D4 and the Y-D2 , do you have any other observations ?

Have you been out on the track and noticed any other drifters that were outperforming you in stock mode ?

I would really appreciate any advice , thank you .
i never owned a YD2, but in all honesty it does not interest me. you can spend thousands pimping your car and in the end it is the driver in control. if you know your car you compensate for its weakness.

before i sold my D4's i'd like to think i got it to where i want it to be, i really wish i had not let go of it... hard times required me to make sacrifices. I would still purchase a D4 if given the opportunity, just that i have 2 different chassis now and still learning to tweak them.

the D4 will always be in my heart, it is one of the easiest chassis to learn rwd.
+1 D4 all the way
Sakura D4 RWD
1st of all I kno this thread is a few months old and most likely you've already made your decision/purchase. So this is for any one else asking this question.
I own both the d4 and yd-2 along with 10 other rwd drift chassis from 5 different manufacturers. (Yokomo, Sakura, MST, eagle racing, Dlike.) Hands down the yd2 is the best chassis I've ever owned. In STOCK form it outperforms chassis I have $1k into. You will need to invest much more than the almost $100 difference between the two chassis to get the d4 on the same level as the yd2.
Posting in this forum will likely get you biased opinions. So ask as many as you can find that have driven both chassis and take those opinions into consideration when choosing your purchase. Good luck drifters!
for members looking at this section, it would be safe to say that they are looking for the best bang for the buck and not just an OOB experience.

if we take into consideration the cost of purchasing each kit, the YD2 will be twice as expensive as the D4 black ed. that $100 difference will allow you to purchase alloy performance upgrades that will bulletproof your build. you also need to take into consideration that the YD2 plastic fantastic is weak and really needs to be upgraded and we all know how much upgrading a yokomo kit cost an arm and a leg. so for less than half the price of a fully hop up YD2 (maybe even more), you can get a fully blinged out D4 performer... and i'm talking usukani, oxygen upgrades or a fully hopped up D4 ver Kirin kit!

enough of the YD2 hype... MST RMX 2 is out and is a contender for her price point but offers more.
I am still hesitating about my D4. Keep it or sell it? Purchased it as a beginner, I had and still have a lot of trouble making it work.

It has already consumed way more of my money than I thought I would spend for it at the beginning.

If I would buy it again? Probably not. I would probably go for MST RMX 2 already mentioned by vlozity.