Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sakura D4 RWD + Usukani + Punisher S13 @ Tri Acres
Here is some vid of my D4 in it's current state of tune at Tri Acres RC Drift Circuit (Concord, NC).  This chassis gets better each time I take it out.

-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

Visit my blog: Mod19 RC
IG: @RexRacer19

[Image: IMG_2485c_zpsnoqm5qqh.jpg]
Very nice and a great looking ride! If you don't mine me asking, what's your front/rear weight distribution? We've got several guys running RWD D4s locally and they're still trying to find a good balance.

Thanks!
Tommy
Very nice!!

Cheers

Pingu
(01-05-2016, 10:50 PM)Tommy R Wrote:  Very nice and a great looking ride!  If you don't mine me asking, what's your front/rear weight distribution?  We've got several guys running RWD D4s locally and they're still trying to find a good balance.

Thanks!
Tommy

Right now it is running about 58% rear bias.  It is a lot, and I have to run harder tires to keep the speed in line with people running 50-55% rear bias.
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

Amazing Sakura drifting video. I like the color of body.
Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the Eagle TT02-FRD compared to the D4? I know your D4 is pretty heavily modified at this point, but how did it compare to the Eagle chassis before and after all the mods? I'd be interested in the performance differences, but also the build quality.

Personally, I've been very pleased with the performance of the Eagle, but the manufacturing tolerances lead a bit to be desired. I had to spend considerable time going through the suspension to free it up and get rid of all the binding. But since I did, it's been performing very well and we now have several others looking to get into RWD. Some have already purchased D4s, but others are still up in the air regarding their purchase (Eagle, D4, FXX-D S, etc.).

Thanks for your input!
Tommy
(01-13-2016, 08:35 AM)Tommy R Wrote:  Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the Eagle TT02-FRD compared to the D4?  I know your D4 is pretty heavily modified at this point, but how did it compare to the Eagle chassis before and after all the mods?  I'd be interested in the performance differences, but also the build quality.

Personally, I've been very pleased with the performance of the Eagle, but the manufacturing tolerances lead a bit to be desired.  I had to spend considerable time going through the suspension to free it up and get rid of all the binding.  But since I did, it's been performing very well and we now have several others looking to get into RWD.  Some have already purchased D4s, but others are still up in the air regarding their purchase (Eagle, D4, FXX-D S, etc.).

Thanks for your input!
Tommy

I love my TT02 FRD and it has been my best chassis for a while.  Initially, my D4 wasn't quite as good, but I had not done a lot of tuning on it.  I think that stock, with the right tune, it could be equivalent with the FRD.  Currently my D4 is quite good, and my favorite.

The D4 has more possibllites for upgrades and multiple chassis layouts.  I think the aftermarket support for the D4 is better, and ultimately you could end up with a nicer chassis overall if you want to buy all the upgrades.

I agree with you and my major gripe with the FRD was tolerances and fit/finish type stuff.  But it is still a great chassis despite those minor things if you put a little work into it.
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

(01-15-2016, 07:12 AM)RexRacer19 Wrote:  
(01-13-2016, 08:35 AM)Tommy R Wrote:  Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the Eagle TT02-FRD compared to the D4?  I know your D4 is pretty heavily modified at this point, but how did it compare to the Eagle chassis before and after all the mods?  I'd be interested in the performance differences, but also the build quality.

Personally, I've been very pleased with the performance of the Eagle, but the manufacturing tolerances lead a bit to be desired.  I had to spend considerable time going through the suspension to free it up and get rid of all the binding.  But since I did, it's been performing very well and we now have several others looking to get into RWD.  Some have already purchased D4s, but others are still up in the air regarding their purchase (Eagle, D4, FXX-D S, etc.).

Thanks for your input!
Tommy

I love my TT02 FRD and it has been my best chassis for a while.  Initially, my D4 wasn't quite as good, but I had not done a lot of tuning on it.  I think that stock, with the right tune, it could be equivalent with the FRD.  Currently my D4 is quite good, and my favorite.

The D4 has more possibllites for upgrades and multiple chassis layouts.  I think the aftermarket support for the D4 is better, and ultimately you could end up with a nicer chassis overall if you want to buy all the upgrades.

I agree with you and my major gripe with the FRD was tolerances and fit/finish type stuff.  But it is still a great chassis despite those minor things if you put a little work into it.

Hi, how is the D4 in comparisson with the Fxx-d s?  is better?
I have not had a FXX-Ds myself, so I can't really compare.
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

(01-05-2016, 09:13 PM)RexRacer19 Wrote:  Here is some vid of my D4 in it's current state of tune at Tri Acres RC Drift Circuit (Concord, NC).  This chassis gets better each time I take it out.

this is the best rc I've ever seen, trying to set mine up like this, any tips?