Sakura xi sport or d4

5 Replies, 3083 Views

I'm looking at a deal that is the xi sport with brushless motor and esc it would be 175$ shipped. Or they have the d4 chassis only for 115$ shipped.
I kinda like the xi because I'm not sure how into drifting I will get but I'm not sure if the xi will be driftable.
The XI Sport is really built for touring car racing while the D4 for drift. I don't think there is much support for the XI as far as drifting goes. If you don't think you'll really get into drifting and will end up racing on-road, I'd go for the XI for sure.
You can drift the XI by throwing on some drift tires and adjusting/tweaking your suspension and get a feel for drifting and if you don't like it then switch back.
Making the D4 into an on-road racer seems like more of a challenge IMO.
Then again, I'm no 3Racing expert, I'm an HPI guy.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
I'm guessing the hpi is sorta like the xi as its more of a touring setup . I won't be co.mpetitive in either one so it's hard to decide
Get D4 RWD and Trackstar 80A ESC + 21.5T combo for ~150$ from Hobbyking. They have a deal on that esc and motor combo

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
(03-06-2016, 07:33 AM)chemic Wrote: Get D4 RWD and Trackstar 80A ESC + 21.5T combo for ~150$ from Hobbyking. They have a deal on that esc and motor combo

Do you have a link to that I can't find the deal
They had 45€ deal on that combo few weeks ago http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/viewprod...duct=65982