Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scale drifting
Thanks Hey, I recently got back into drift big and after watching so many drift videos I was wondering how you get your transitions so smooth. IM guessing it's perfect set up (camber,toe,tires,shocks etc.) so what do you guys do to/setup to get such smooth transitions. Thanks  =)   (I'm running on smooth concrete)
(11-01-2017, 09:23 AM)Drift12345678 Wrote:  Thanks Hey, I recently got back into drift big and after watching so many drift videos I was wondering how you get your transitions so smooth. IM guessing it's perfect set up (camber,toe,tires,shocks etc.) so what do you guys do to/setup to get such smooth transitions. Thanks  =)   (I'm running on smooth concrete)

In RWD it's all about steering speed and gyro gain. You want them to be the right speed so it doesn't look chopped. 
Be smooth on the throttle and you should be able to get pretty decent transition. 
in countersteer it's a different story. It's mostly about throttle control and timing.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
(11-01-2017, 10:18 AM)Tiger.T Wrote:  
(11-01-2017, 09:23 AM)Drift12345678 Wrote:  Thanks Hey, I recently got back into drift big and after watching so many drift videos I was wondering how you get your transitions so smooth. IM guessing it's perfect set up (camber,toe,tires,shocks etc.) so what do you guys do to/setup to get such smooth transitions. Thanks  =)   (I'm running on smooth concrete)

In RWD it's all about steering speed and gyro gain. You want them to be the right speed so it doesn't look chopped. 
Be smooth on the throttle and you should be able to get pretty decent transition. 
in countersteer it's a different story. It's mostly about throttle control and timing.

Hey thanks for the reply. I have a d4 with an eagle gyro and an omg lpbs07s what should the gyro gain be at?
(11-01-2017, 12:09 PM)Drift12345678 Wrote:  
(11-01-2017, 10:18 AM)Tiger.T Wrote:  

Hey thanks for the reply. I have a d4 with an eagle gyro and an omg lpbs07s what should the gyro gain be at?

If you have the piezo eagle gyro with just screw adjustment you can only adjust the gain but not the EPA of the gyro, nor its speed. 
Adjust the gain so that the wheel do not wobble at in higher speed straight and transition. 
But ultimately, you should look into getting a gyro with 3rd channel adjustment. Something like the Onisiki or slideology gyro is great. They are about $25 from RCMart. The 3rd channel will allow you to tune how fast the gyro acts and how far the gyro will turn your wheel. 
The proper way to tune a gyro is to put the EPA at about 5 points less than your steering EPA. 
So if your steering EPA is like 95-LFT and 95-RHT, then your 3rd channel gyro EPA should be 90-LFT & 90-RHT. This will prevent the gyro from turning more than your steering does and allow you to still have control over your steering on high angle drift.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.