Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scotts 50/50 redcat
so I was looking for an inexpensive chassis to get into drifting, cruising the interwebs I found redcat, the diehard rc guys seemed to hate the "Chinese" company, but your average joe found it to be quite the value. it was a RTR brushless car for under $200 to my door. so far I have been loving it, tweaking it to my liking

Manufacturer: Redcat
Model: Lightning EPX Pro
Track Surface: asphalt
Tires: rs engineering off ebay (sushi tires)
Motor and ESC: 3300KV brushless 540 Novatech motor and brushless esc both have heatsink, esc also has a fan
Servo: unknown

Chassis Settings
Front Setup
5* camber
unknown Toe
unknown Caster
unknown Kick-up
no Sway Bar
unknown Ride Height
stock aluminum bodied coilover suspension
stock Damper Oil

Rear Setup
3.5* camber
unknown Toe
unknown Caster
unknown Kick-up
no Sway Bar
unknown Ride Height
stock aluminum bodied coilover suspension
stock Damper Oil

runs on turnigy 2s 5300mah 30c lipos

shaft driven
rear diff silly puttied
front diff is currently silly puttied, I just received the 300,000wt diff oil to try.

I did recently find a Front one-way and Rear spool with CS ratio 1.48 (27/13) on ebay I may try out in the future. but pricey at $75

new pretty body(not even finished yet)

[Image: 20140905_233341_zpsxygzxj0p.jpg]
[Image: 20140905_233319_zpssyztclix.jpg]
[Image: 20140905_233309_zpsdg1mwciw.jpg]

basher mode

[Image: 20140830_000455_zpsyzkuhbqc.jpg]

old thrashed tires, suspension was adjusted to not bind the wheel on the upper control arm,

[Image: 20140830_000836_zpsfatshluo.jpg]

sorry for dirty pic but it has since been cleaned

[Image: 20140826_200541_zpsdxjptgd7.jpg]
Love the bodies. Have you tried different tires at front?
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
I have. on super slick surfaces I have a set of exceed driftstar rims tires that has a dual compound tread. I think the middle of the tire is hard and the shoulder is a softer material for added grip. works well

I put a new set of tires on a couple weekends ago and the car was ll over the place...so I tore the whole suspension down and adjusted everything evenly side to side. then downloaded some free app on my phone " rc angle meter" and dialed in the camber all around

I typically run tons of camber because its a 200mm car. the bodies I like are all 190mm...lol ...although I plan to get some fender flares for the 180sx before I run it. that way I can run fairly neutral camber settings. the silvia I took a lighter to the rear and widened them, lol...it worked, looks like crap but I don't care its the basher body
I've the same chassis of you. The original name of this chassis is Himoto Nascada A.K.A HSP Flying Fish, Maverick Strada,Redcat and so on...If you are looking for spare parts or upgrades for this model look on ebay, and you will found thousands of chinese and honk hong dealers. There's even the CS kit and the front one way differential.
yep hsp makes just about any aluminum part you could want...look at my pics :) and yes flying fish will give you way more results for aftermarket parts. and im aware of the cs kit...I really want it but hard to justify the $75 cost...maybe next spring
(09-08-2014, 12:11 PM)scottdh20 Wrote:  yep hsp makes just about any aluminum part you could want...look at my pics :) and yes flying fish will give you way more results for aftermarket parts. and im aware of the cs kit...I really want it but hard to justify the $75 cost...maybe next spring

Poor americansAngel 75 $ in euros are 50€, so it's quite cheap for who live in europe (thats meXD). Anyway, I ordered the CS kit with the front-one way and it will arrive the 23 of september...I even ordered a pair of CDVs to have an incresed steering angle (55 degrees).
I try not to waste too much money on rc cars....I play with real cars...lol, and its very expensive. so typically a $5 or $10 part here and there for the rc I don't care. I start getting into $75-100 parts...well thats real racecar part money :)

I got a decent amount more steering angle by cutting the lower suspension arm. the turn buckles for the steering were hitting them, I simply cut that part out and made the steering arms longer...not sure how much more I got but I ended up turning the steering adjustment down because the wheel was chattering bad at full lock

I do have upgraded 1 piece axles up front...well I had them all around but one broke, little pin cam out and it fell apart.

also to note the aluminum turn buckles are longer than the stock plastic ones...I have more for the rear but then I cannot get enough camber to get the body on
well got bored on my lunch break and I had a light kit sitting here... unfortunately the 240 didn't come with light buckets. so I will eventually order the yokomo light buckets for it along with some fender flares then I can actually use it without ruining it.

so I installed them on the basher which did come with plastic light buckets...will take some pictures later