Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
servo help
i recently bought a redcat lightning epx pro, this is my first rc and im running rwd, so today i made my own angle mod for my steering, there Is a big improvemont in angle if you ask me, but it seems like my servo is not responding as quickly and when the rc is not in motion, it bearly turns, is this because a weak servo, or my homemade mod
[Image: CAM00609_zps3blvlwbc.jpg]
[Image: CAM00611_zpshpzksjmb.jpg]
[Image: CAM00613_zpsniuwghtl.jpg]
Have you checked the nut on the servo saver? the one above the top deck - if it's too tight it will bind the steering badly.

Disconnect the servo and wiggle your steering - if it's nice and loose then your servo is at fault, if it's tight you need to find the cause of that tightness and fix it.

Attached Files
.jpg   CAM00613_zpsniuwghtl.jpg (Size: 149.88 KB / Downloads: 11)
(06-20-2014, 05:31 PM)Chickenman Wrote:  Have you checked the nut on the servo saver? the one above the top deck - if it's too tight it will bind the steering badly.

Disconnect the servo and wiggle your steering - if it's nice and loose then your servo is at fault, if it's tight you need to find the cause of that tightness and fix it.

Thanks! Ill give it a look over once my son is down
(06-20-2014, 05:31 PM)Chickenman Wrote:  Have you checked the nut on the servo saver? the one above the top deck - if it's too tight it will bind the steering badly.

Thanks for the great advise, loosing up the bolt helped but my servo is still pretty stiff and slow, so what would be a good replace ment for the stock one?
It depends on your budget and if you intend on changing chassis at some point.

If you do plan to invest some more cash overall and maybe end up with a full carbon/alu beast chassis later on then you could justify a decent servo like: http://www.amain.com/product_info.php/cP...Gear-Servo

Or if you are cheap like me: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ff=1315330
Or even: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ff=1315330

Really, all you are looking for is a servo as fast as you can get for a decent price. 0.10 or less and metal geared is where you could start. Check out your LHS as well, it makes sense to support them if they have something that will suit.

If you are looking at picking up a few things at the same time Asiatees has free shipping for most things once you spend $75 or more.
If you are going to buy a nice, full carbon chassis later on I would get a really nice servo, and when you buy the new chassis just swap it over to save some money.

If you are sticking to the Drft star I would get a budget servo, and when what goes dead then spend the money on a really nice one.
When In doubt, Throttle Out!!!
OTA-R31 w/ Flux Capacitor
(06-20-2014, 04:35 PM)Alain Tejeda Wrote:  i recently bought a redcat lightning epx pro, this is my first rc and im running rwd, so today i made my own angle mod for my steering, there Is a big improvemont in angle if you ask me, but it seems like my servo is not responding as quickly and when the rc is not in motion, it bearly turns, is this because a weak servo, or my homemade mod
[Image: CAM00609_zps3blvlwbc.jpg]
[Image: CAM00611_zpshpzksjmb.jpg]
[Image: CAM00613_zpsniuwghtl.jpg]

Have you checked your remote 
There should be a channel called aux with that you can set your servo with the remote 
Or you can turn a button on the servo