Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Servo horn Guide
In most chassis manuals only a few common brands of servo's are mentioned. If you have a servo that isn't mentioned it can be difficult to find out which servohorn you need. It seemed to me like a good idea to make a guide for this.

There are 3 common sizes, the number stands for the number of teeth on the spline:

23 = JR, KO, Sanwa, Airtronics, Graupner, Spektrum

24 = HiTec, Hextronic

25 = Futaba, Thunder Tiger, RC OMG, Savöx, BlueBird, ACE, HPI, Team Orion

If you have a brand that is not mentioned in the list, post it here and I'll add it to the list. =)
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
Great idea Tizer, this will be very helpful, I will be using it for sure!
Thank you! This will prove to be extremely helpful for me in the next few weeks.
[Image: Vhsk1.jpg]
If you mean the number of 'ridges' on the servo horn then Kyosho is the same as Futaba.  =)
Great guide.. Next is probably post up servo saver manufacturers... I think kimbrough is one...
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
Good idea, Tizer. Add HEXTRONIK to 24's =)
Done;)
wreckitsideways.com
Anyone know what Power HD are?
Power HD is a tricky one from what I've read so far. They use a 25 spline on their newer model servo's, but the outer diameter is a bit larger than Futaba, so the only horns that fit properly are the clamping style aluminium horns for Futaba. If you have other experiences with PowerHD servo's, please post it here so I can put an accurate description for them in the startpost.
wreckitsideways.com
I have a Power HD DS-1207TG coming by EMS in the next few days I'll let you know when it gets here

I have it now and appears the same as the towerpro MG996 and the yeah racing fast servo spline which I think is futaba?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soldering Guide Jonnie Fraz 2 737 02-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Jonnie Fraz