Shortening wires?

8 Replies, 3144 Views

Anyone shorten their wires that run to the rx from speedy and servo?
RC ART CE-RX CRIMSON LIGHTNING 3.09CS

KAZAMA GP-X 3.5CS

ENROUTE JXR 3.27CS

Friends don't let friends 50/50.
i do. i have 3 $70 servos with 1 1/2 inch wire sticking out. lol i figure if i ever need it longer i can rig up an extension of some sort.
(08-20-2013, 12:53 AM)gerakatom Wrote: i do. i have 3 $70 servos with 1 1/2 inch wire sticking out. lol i figure if i ever need it longer i can rig up an extension of some sort.

And you don't have any problems? Are they all working fine?

KAZAMA GP-X 3.5CS

ENROUTE JXR 3.27CS

(08-19-2013, 11:54 PM)femur Wrote: Anyone shorten their wires that run to the rx from speedy and servo?

You can do it a couple of different ways 1) Disassemble your ESC and servo and desolder the old leads,shorten them to the length you need and resolder and reassemble the units. Or just chop em without taking anything apart. As long as they stay away from motor wires to prevent interference. Do what suits your skill set and warranty best.
I always shorten my wires. Just chop a bit out of the middle, leaving enough wire from the plug and from the servo/esc to work with and solder them together. Make sure you use heatshrink.

Test it on an old servo if you are unsure of your soldering skills.
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
watch a couple of soldering 101 videos.. always test on something inexpensive before trying on your esc or something similar

only problem i ever had with soldering was using low wattage iron on thick motor wires.(like bending rebar with a lighter instead of a torch)
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2013, 04:00 AM by awdracer.)
your local hobby shop should have new plugs - cut the old one off, strip wires, crimp on new connector, push connectors into black plug. BAM. No soldering required.
www.facebook.com/raincityrajikon  - Seattle's scale drift club
RWD yoko dori pake -=- RWD SJ ota-r31 -=- 50:50 SJ ota-r31 (club loaner car)
+ 2wd Slash, 4x4 Slash, e-Maxx, Subaru Brat scaler, mRS4, broken quads and a bunch of spares
^^ that is the cleanest way. Criming new connectors it also very easy to do.
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
Thanks everyone for your input. I just wanted to know that everything still works fine from the people that have done it. Sounds like everyone is doing it so I'll go for it.

KAZAMA GP-X 3.5CS

ENROUTE JXR 3.27CS