Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
silvia paint started seperating from body
so just painted my silvia baby blue about 2 weeks ago theres a thread about it in rustys silvia missle well don't know what happen but paint started separating from body all over the more I tried to correct it the worse it got would fix one spot then a new spot would pop up im really just let down that this paint job let go as I really was loving the way it looked but the paint seperaint was an eye sore so I started to paint on out side so if it didn't look like a missle before it def does now here what it looked like before the dreaded paint was noticed[img][Image: 100_13911_zpsecbb7308.jpg][/img] and then what I thought was dirt was the beginning of the paint coming off[img][Image: 100_13941_zps89698359.jpg][/img]

so heres what I have now I painted it sun yellow sanded it down in some spots to give that worked body look as for the hood I made it look like it had been sitting in a field for a few years and as if the heat from the engine caused the hood to deform and show bare metal on the hood then rusted over hope you like this is what I had to do to save this d-like the bumper is about all I could save but Im sure soon as I hit something it will suffer the same fate as the body... =( [img][Image: 100_14151_zps6e5435ac.jpg][/img][img][Image: 100_14161_zps5ef32146.jpg][/img][img][Image: 100_14171_zps343913bc.jpg][/img][img][Image: 100_14181_zps847c5266.jpg][/img][img][Image: 100_14191_zps552de94a.jpg][/img][img][Image: 100_14211_zpsf0139f4a.jpg][/img][img][Image: 100_14231_zps52751278.jpg][/img]

well that's all I have for now hope I did it some justice as I couldn't save it from its doom of paint problems now its a true missle I might do a diy on rusting parts of lexan with acrylic paint keep in mind this body hasn't been ran yet and the paint I used was a lexan paint made to flex but for sum reason it didn't take but no matter im kinda digin the car adds charitor I suppose plus im probably gonna pick up another s14 body from a shop in newyork along with some parts so no worries hope you enjoy thow I couldn't save the nice paint I had on there......
rc isn't a hobby...its an addiction and im a addict lol..... Sick
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
I like it. Maybe some decals to set it off
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
Please do the DIY for the rust effect. Been seeing it just wondering how the heck it's done.lol but I love the recovery of the shell man good job
Final product looks good.
Back to your initial problem tho. What did you clean the body with before paint and what type of paint did you use??
Just curious.
(01-13-2015, 09:04 PM)rudeboy03 Wrote:  I like it. Maybe some decals to set it off

yes I plan to sticker it up it is still plain to me but will have to find some I have a few on there but still gotta work 2 more days of 3rd shift so gotta get that outta the way first but yes will have more pics coming soon stickers included lol thanks for the liking it lol I felt it had went down hill when I say I was gonna have to try and save it my exzact words was....sob lol
(01-13-2015, 10:53 PM)Justin  Cooper Wrote:  Please do the DIY for the rust effect. Been seeing it just wondering how the heck it's done.lol but I love the recovery of the shell man good job

thanks man yeah its growing on me now lol I just like to have something clean as most of my rides are beat up on bodys besides 2 or 3 but yes I will do a diy soon as im off work its not hard I been paint model cars and tanks for yrs also so that helps really all u need is some brown primer and whater your top coat is and some salt that u put on food lol...nom nom nom
(01-14-2015, 12:56 AM)painterguy Wrote:  Final product looks good.
Back to your initial problem tho. What did you clean the body with before paint and what type of paint did you use??
Just curious.

wel I was gonna clean with brake fluid but wasnt to messy cutting and I clean my hands a lot so not a lot of grease or oil but I still washed it first with windex then with hot soapy water 2 or 3 times then just wash once or twice the paint I used was tamyia ps-3 light blue polycarbonate/lexan paint so was suppose to flex with body but at the lightiest touch or bend u could hear it separating either I didn't do enough coats or could possible be the weather as its super cold and I had to heat up the area I was painting in coulda been the drastic change in temp that did it as for the outside was washed then sanded with 1200 grit and the sun yeloow was apllied I highly dought this paint will come off even with out a primer underneath the outside coat lol
hers a pic of it on my mst 3mm offset rims I plan to get a pair in black and 5mm offset just gotta save some cash up its been tight on the cash flow lately after xmas [img][Image: 100_14241_zps8c327879.jpg][/img]
Huh interesting. I'm not familiar with Tamiya paints but as far as I know they are good quality. Maybe next time scuff the body with a red scuff pad and see if that helps adhesion.
It was the cold.... I ruined a body this way and a number of my teammates have leaned the hard way too. It'll probably chip the more you run it but f&%kit. Still looks good
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Nissan Silvia S13 Body Jan-Robert StaÃ¥s 2 3,297 01-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Last Post: rustydriftcan65
  Nissan Silvia S15 "I love Silvia" VectorX 9 3,450 10-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Last Post: VectorX
  Is it bad to paint an rc body with normal spray paint? Chris Connor 4 2,019 06-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Chris Connor
  Hpi Nissan Silvia S15 Body Guardian707 4 3,451 02-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Last Post: davidsmunoz