silvia paint started seperating from body

18 Replies, 5679 Views

(01-15-2015, 01:00 AM)painterguy Wrote: Huh interesting. I'm not familiar with Tamiya paints but as far as I know they are good quality. Maybe next time scuff the body with a red scuff pad and see if that helps adhesion.

yeah i thought I should but ive painted so many before an never had this issue but for sum reason my first s14 and bam! chips every were I shoula made dip lol I might try that on the inside next body I get yes tamyia better be good paint for how much a can cost at my local hobby shop lol but I geuss that's why its a hobby shop and hobbies aint cheap its a labor of love
rc isn't a hobby...its an addiction and im a addict lol..... Sick
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2015, 12:50 PM by rustydriftcan65.)
(01-15-2015, 03:38 AM)rudeboy03 Wrote: It was the cold.... I ruined a body this way and a number of my teammates have  leaned the hard way too. It'll probably chip the more you run it but f&%kit.  Still looks good

yes I believe your right the cold played a factor in this destruction of paint ah wel I can chip all it wants to now cuz u want see it the car body has grown on me yes the cold I thought I had down with the temp up in the area I was painting was quit hot but maybe took it out side to earlier to get some pics and coulda caused a in balance in the paint lol im curious to see my bumper when I smash something I might leave it might look cool but I kinda dought it I just glad I could recover the body as for the outside I def sanded it so im pretty sure its gonna stick it better lol :devil: now all I gotta do is figure out how to attach the roof spoiler and what color I shall paint it
Definitely the cold. Most rattle cans need at least 40 degrees when sprayed and 24 hours to cure to prevent curling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-16-2015, 01:42 AM)JamesNolanSlides Wrote: Definitely the cold. Most rattle cans need at least 40 degrees when sprayed and 24 hours to cure to prevent curling

probably cuz I took it out a half day later to get pics the temp I painted it in was okay was like 90 degrees lol so basically a hot summer day but was cold when took pics so figured that was when it was doomed ah wel atleast I saved what I could for the most part goonna just get a new one here soon
True true. Definitely a great turn around. The rusty good looks really awesome[emoji106]

add some more details and you will have a real drifter. me like it.
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
(01-17-2015, 05:24 PM)JamesNolanSlides Wrote: True true. Definitely a great turn around. The rusty good looks really awesome[emoji106]

thanks bud lol ima lil rusty :Wink:
(01-18-2015, 06:05 PM)dj  nekkon Wrote: add some more details and you will have a real drifter. me like it.

o yes more will be added as I have weekends off now ran it this weekend bashed the bumper so now its primer gray and cool thing about the body if any of the yellow chips of I just and acrylic paint to it in brown and looks like rust so no worries will look more and more like a missle maybe add some dents to it still need to ad the rear roof spoiler just been lazy aka drifting it to much...lol thanks for the likes
bashed the bumper bad so paint it primer probably go bumperless when drifting now to save from paint issues as for the body if paint chips I just add acyrilc paint to give it that rusty body under paint look also added tags from rc mart gotta love the freebies found em in my box as I was about to throw in trash[img][Image: 100_14451_zps32154800.jpg][/img][img][Image: 100_14431_zps932b96d7.jpg][/img][img][Image: 100_14411_zpsb7c2ef11.jpg][/img]