skr8pn's Sakura D3

109 Replies, 42272 Views

Hey now you just need the knuckles with offset  kingpin post holes then it will have KPI cause at the moment it's just C-hub delete that's why I'm using MST knuckles, but I reckom I'm going to go to 48mm R31 CVD's and reclaim the 5x10 bearings from inside the 10x15 bearings
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012, 03:41 AM by pickled.)
(12-09-2012, 10:21 PM)pickled Wrote: how much to make me a set??

Wow you'd like a set, thats cool..

These are protos just to see what i'm working with and to sort out any issues of adjustment. There is a bit of work in them between the lathe and welding.

I'll work something out for a set tho as no doubt i'll want to purchase more hop ups...lol

(12-10-2012, 12:13 AM)Dorvack Wrote:
(12-09-2012, 05:52 PM)skr8pn Wrote: Stayed up late just for Dorvack.... lol
Front end fitted, still needs adjusting but you get the idea...

Many thanks, that is excellent work!

Dorvack.

Your welcome bud and thanks i appreciate the compliment! You've put a lot of great idea's in my head for the D3.. Now its finding the time to get them out....lol

(12-10-2012, 03:35 AM)pickled Wrote: Hey now you just need the knuckles with offset  kingpin post holes then it will have KPI cause at the moment it's just C-hub delete that's why I'm using MST knuckles, but I reckom I'm going to go to 48mm R31 CVD's and reclaim the 5x10 bearings from inside the 10x15 bearings

It's a work in progress lol, i got the arms done before the knuckles arrived.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012, 04:25 AM by skr8pn.)
Great work...like pickled, I would be interested as well...if they are affordable.
(12-10-2012, 04:34 AM)eunique Wrote: Great work...like pickled, I would be interested as well...if they are affordable.

Thanks eunique

I'll see how i go with these and let you know...
(12-08-2012, 12:59 PM)skr8pn Wrote: Well this is what i've come up with, will tidy them up tomorrow and start on the upper arms also.

Nice!! yeah i would pick up a set if you start making them.. great mod!!!
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
lol looks like you started something bro gonna need to build yourself a jig so you can  chern  them out
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012, 09:26 AM by pickled.)
(12-10-2012, 08:50 AM)pickled Wrote: lol looks like you started something bro gonna need to build yourself a jig so you can  chern  them out

lol Yeh a jig wil be on the cards id say..

Just waiting for the knuckles to make final adjustments then i'll have a crack at making a few sets.
sweet bro! Are you going with the MST knuckles? if so you may need different CVD's I'm thinking of getting the 48mm R31 CVD as a bearing in a bearing doesn't look very good and they should fit fine as the joint sits inside a 4mm thick bearing so you'll end up having the same length
(12-10-2012, 12:27 PM)pickled Wrote: sweet bro! Are you going with the MST knuckles? if so you may need different CVD's I'm thinking of getting the 48mm R31 CVD as a bearing in a bearing doesn't look very good and they should fit fine as the joint sits inside a 4mm thick bearing so you'll end up having the same length

I ordered MST knuckles but man they're taking their sweet time getting here.. I may mod the D3 knuckles till the MST's get here.

I'll check out some cvd's later on, If we could get the dimension of the mst wheel axle that would help. The mst swing shaft is only 42.5mm i think? so probably no go there..
(12-11-2012, 01:14 AM)skr8pn Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 12:27 PM)pickled Wrote: sweet bro! Are you going with the MST knuckles? if so you may need different CVD's I'm thinking of getting the 48mm R31 CVD as a bearing in a bearing doesn't look very good and they should fit fine as the joint sits inside a 4mm thick bearing so you'll end up having the same length

I ordered MST knuckles but man they're taking their sweet time getting here.. I may mod the D3 knuckles till the MST's get here.

I'll check out some cvd's later on, If we could get the dimension of the mst wheel axle that would help. The mst swing shaft is only 42.5mm i think? so probably no go there..

no their drive cups stick out further than our D3/Tamiya/Yokomo style spools/fow's. Our shafts are 44mm the actual joint of the MST CVD sits inside the inner bearing of the knuckle the bearing is 15mm O.D. x 10mm I.D. x 4mm W so logically
44 + 4 = 48. The OTA R31 CVD's are made for the same application joint in the bearing and they're 48mm so I found some Square R31 wide angle CVD's just can't afford them right now too close to christmas they're only 38 US plus postage

Here are some cheaper wide angle R31 CVD's on eBay
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012, 02:46 AM by pickled.)