Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprint 2 Battery Not Working
I recently purchased a sprint 2 and it works wonderful- most of the time. I bought it with five battery packs, a 7.2v 1800 mAh, 7.2v 3300 mAh, two 8.4v 4500 mAh, and an 8.4v 5100 mAh. They all work great except the 5100 battery. When I plug in and turn on the car it begins to beep and never stops. I thought it might not be charged so I charged it up but it still doesn't seem to work... Any ideas on what might be wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks
If the battery is new I would exchange it for a different one. Off the top of my head I would say it might have a bad cell. Do you have a meter to check cell voltage? If so check the individual cell voltage they should all be equal within +/- .02 of each other.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
Yokomo YD-2
Hpi Sprint 2 Flux 50/50 - Locked rear/Open front
Exceed RC MadPulse

(02-16-2017, 11:00 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  If the battery is new I would exchange it for a different one. Off the top of my head I would say it might have a bad cell. Do you have a meter to check cell voltage? If so check the individual cell voltage they should all be equal within +/- .02 of each other.

Unfortunately its not new, I bought it used from someone selling the Sprint 2 and batteries as a package. I don't have a meter but I'll take it to a hobby shop to see if they can check. I'm not too upset if it's unrepairable because the batteries and the car were well under $150, so still a great deal either way. Not to say I'm not bummed though.
Battery is more than likely
toast my friend. Nothing lasts forever. Especially batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For those who care: the battery was busted, not sure why or how it happened... It would hold a charge but was faulty in how it released or something above my technical knowledge. But I bought a new charger to make sure that wasn't the cause of the jacking up of the battery.
A good charge is always a good thing to have around. I know it's not always needed but I always balance charge my lipos and I never charge them above 1C. They should also be stored with a storage charge and not stored full or empty.
Gramps
Yokomo YD-2
Exceed RC MadPulse

(02-21-2017, 09:10 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  A good charge is always a good thing to have around. I know it's not always needed but I always balance charge my lipos and I never charge them above 1C. They should also be stored with a storage charge and not stored full or empty.

Would running lipos be better than NIMH? I currently only have NIMH but might look into lipos if its worth it. I don't suppose old airsoft lipos would work???
(02-22-2017, 04:15 PM)snakenator Wrote:  Would running lipos be better than NIMH? I currently only have NIMH but might look into lipos if its worth it. I don't suppose old airsoft lipos would work???

For drifting I don't think it really matters. My Exceed MadPulse came with a NIMH and it works just fine. I would think as long as your NIMH are the correct voltage for your esc you would be fine. When replacing them I would get lipos. I personally like SMC lipos from http://www.smc-racing.net.

Don't know what type of lipo a airsoft uses so I couldn't say.
Gramps
Yokomo YD-2
Exceed RC MadPulse