Sprint 2 flux chattering

8 Replies, 4444 Views

Hey guys so here my set up:
- front one way diff
-aluminum hop ups
-gpm cvds

So i shaved the nuckles on the aluminum part but im still getting wheel chatter when turning. I have the angle maxed out. Should I camber the wheels or? Has anyone else had this problem. I looked up some videos but they don't seem to help
Go less angle. Most cvds will chatter at max lock no matter what

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
(01-26-2014, 08:12 PM)robb41488 Wrote: Go less angle. Most cvds will chatter at max lock no matter what

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I went with less angle but they are still shaking a little. Its mostly the right one
If you look in the diff cups on the oneway there should be a 3mm o-ring, put another one in each side (4 total). That'll help keep the dogbone where it should be. It seems the slots in the diff cups of the oneway may be deeper than the stock diffs. Haven't measured. But there was a lot more play without the second o-ring in there.
MST MS-01D VIP II
Speed Passion Reventon PRO 1.1
Speed Passion 13.5t v3.0 MMM
Savox SG-1258TG
Airtronics MT4 w/ TX-461
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 04:12 PM by Seegee911.)
(01-27-2014, 01:12 AM)Seegee911 Wrote: If you look in the diff cups on the oneway there should be a 3mm o-ring, put another one in each side (4 total). That'll help keep the dogbone where it should be. It seems the slots in the diff cups may be deeper than the stock diffs. Haven't measured. But there was a lot more play without them.

this is how I got rid of the play in the rear of my Sprint 2. It solves the problem and is cheap and easy.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
Alright thanks! Ill give it a shot next time I'm at the hardware store
(01-27-2014, 01:17 AM)wareagle84 Wrote:
(01-27-2014, 01:12 AM)Seegee911 Wrote: If you look in the diff cups on the oneway there should be a 3mm o-ring, put another one in each side (4 total). That'll help keep the dogbone where it should be. It seems the slots in the diff cups may be deeper than the stock diffs. Haven't measured. But there was a lot more play without them.

this is how I got rid of the play in the rear of my Sprint 2. It solves the problem and is cheap and easy.

I tried them (1 on each side) in the rear on my stock geared diff, and it caused a squeaking in the right rear. Although the Dogbones were quite snug with the o-rings installed.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
MST MS-01D VIP II
Speed Passion Reventon PRO 1.1
Speed Passion 13.5t v3.0 MMM
Savox SG-1258TG
Airtronics MT4 w/ TX-461
I used a ball from a skateboard bearing between the Ruber ring and my dogbone. It eliminated all of the slop.
Thanks for sharing such a great post. The HyperOutdoor skateboard is best and I think you have to choose it. The first option has not the right impact on the skateboard because it is a HyperOutdoor brand. I am really excited to see the decision on which you end thinking about modifying your HyperOutdoor skateboard with stickers. Keep it up!