Sprint 2 Flux - Tips on choice of springs, shocks etc.

10 Replies, 6127 Views

Hello everyone,

I'm currently running stock springs/shocks/oil on my Sprint 2 Flux, and I'm wondering if any of you would recommend changing from stock setup to something better.

Do you have any pointers on which products to go for?

I'm changing the CS setup from 1.5 to 2.03 soon, in case that's relevant for damper setup.

Appreciate any tips you might have, thanks in advance!
Enroute JXRWD 

Mad Machine IG / Mad Machine FB
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2014, 07:18 AM by foku5.)
not sure how a CS will respond, but me personally going from the stock shocks/springs to some Yeah Racing adjustable shocks and 20wt oil made a huuuuuuge difference. at first I used the softest springs that came with the YR dampers and they worked much better than the stock HPI springs. I currently have some MST DK springs on and they're even better than the YR springs, at least for me.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
Thanks for the good feedback! I'll test out that combo then. :-)

Regarding CS, the car will probably handle better anyways, than with the stock setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enroute JXRWD 

(01-17-2014, 11:54 AM)wareagle84 Wrote: not sure how a CS will respond, but me personally going from the stock shocks/springs to some Yeah Racing adjustable shocks and 20wt oil made a huuuuuuge difference. at first I used the softest springs that came with the YR dampers and they worked much better than the stock HPI springs. I currently have some MST DK springs on and they're even better than the YR springs, at least for me.

Which one of the two sets is the best fit? (50mm or 55mm)
- YR - Shock-Gear 50mm
- YR - Shock-Gear 55mm

Also, do you know if it's possible to by a set with everything except for the springs, if I'm going for MST springs anyways?
Enroute JXRWD 

I got the 55mm because the stock Sprint 2 shocks are 55mm.
You cannot get the kit without springs, unless you find a person selling a used kit or a "scratch and dent" sale without the springs.
It's ok though, the whole kit is only $25.
(01-24-2014, 03:10 PM)wareagle84 Wrote: I got the 55mm because the stock Sprint 2 shocks are 55mm.
You cannot get the kit without springs, unless you find a person selling a used kit or a "scratch and dent" sale without the springs.
It's ok though, the whole kit is only $25.

I ordered these yesterday. Looking forward to testing it out!

By the way, what mm springs do you use with them, 30mm?

Again thanks for the tips!
Enroute JXRWD 

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2014, 10:37 AM by foku5.)
I believe they are 30mm. I use springs from the MST DK Deift Spring combo pack.
(02-13-2014, 11:18 AM)wareagle84 Wrote: I believe they are 30mm. I use springs from the MST DK Deift Spring combo pack.

Many thanks! :>
Enroute JXRWD 

I just dropped in a set of used TRF dampers and what a huge difference from stock. The stock HPI had all sorts of stiction and weren't threaded body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
I bought the Topcad springs because they were super cheap, and put with the stock struts. It seems to work decently, though I would like my chassis to look cleaner and have been tempted to order the Yeah Racing set.