Sprint 2 update build

2 Replies, 1607 Views

So update to the build. I scrapped the 2wd at this time. I will be attempting a 2wd with the current 4wd chassis in the future. But update on my 4wd progress. I decided i wanted to monoshock the front suspension and camber link the rear. I purchased both products from 3racing and were designed to fit the Sakura D4. With the front shock, I added a shaft from a 1/10 buggy to reach the monoshock towers. I could have added a long rod end, but I didn't have one at my disposal and was too lazy at the time to head to the hobby shop. In the future I will be replacing the shock with a 1/10 buggy/truck shock and spring for more adjustment options. For the rear camber link mixing kit, I replaced the turnbuckle that was supplied with the kit with a turnbuckle I had laying around from a 1/10 buggy. I feel the car is more stable in the corners and is easier to drift and change directions. So far I am happy with the outcome. I am thinking about ordering the exotek chassis and doing a c-hub modification and possible 2wd without getting the Yeah Racing conversion. Pictures to follow.
*I have to note that the 2wd I was setting up was not my kit, but a kit a friend let me borrow. I might give the Yeah Racing kit another shot on my ride.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017, 05:29 PM by gcarrell2. Edit Reason: Update of build. )
Here are the pics. Sorry I don't know how to insert the image itself into the post.

Nice work!Smile im also into hpi cars, they suit my needs. half the fun is upgrading the buildSmile