Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starter Drift Chassis With Upgrade Potential
I am new to the hobby and am looking for a sturdy, reliable chassis. I would preferably like a chassis with potential for upgrading. I plan on finding a local club and talking to some people there. Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Would be good to talk at your local club. What's your budget? Are you after just a chassis or complete package? Do you know if you are after RWD or AWD/CS?
(12-17-2016, 06:47 PM)H0LESH0T Wrote:  Would be good to talk at your local club. What's your budget? Are you after just a chassis or complete package? Do you know if you are after RWD or AWD/CS?

Ditto.  What ^ said.
If you're going to run with a club or group, most people tend to like to run chassis common or very similar to the group for various reasons...familiarity, parts swapping, troubleshooting and track surface tuning.
Since you're new to the hobby I'm assuming you need everything, complete chassis and electronics.  Some complete packages like ARTR's are worth it, sometimes it's best to buy a chassis kit or roller and buy reliable electronics, not cheaper packaged stuff.

But generally speaking, the most common beginner drift chassis are MST or Sakura D3/D4.  Depends on your budget and what type of setup you want.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
(12-17-2016, 06:47 PM)H0LESH0T Wrote:  Would be good to talk at your local club. What's your budget? Are you after just a chassis or complete package? Do you know if you are after RWD or AWD/CS?

I want to spend around £200 and would like an AWD chassis to start off with and then maybe venture into RWD after getting vaguely good with an AWD Chassis.
Sakura D4 then.
Yup, sounds like Sakura D4 would be a good chassis for you. You can start AWD CS with it then convert to RWD with a few parts when you're ready. MST also sells a chassis that is designed to switch between AWD and RWD with a few parts, but may be out of your price range.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen