Ta03F, old school!

27 Replies, 11824 Views

I actually bought one a while back but never got around to assembling it, just buying parts here and there as they come up which just means when it eventually does get assembled it will be something of a DJ 03F GPM Edition:lol:
I'm actually debating if I should sell my VDF Gold so I can just focus on this one car. Who am I fooling, shit I'm eyeballing the TA06 and the D3 right now too. But I am thinking about selling my VDF.

Anyone here still running one? Anyone know where to find stuff for this 14 year old car? Anyone care to share anything about this car?
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.
I actually already had started stockpiling parts from when a friend of mine gave me an old beat up 03F Pro that had been sitting in a moldy box in his back yard for some time.   When I first saw this car we ripped it open to use the ball diffs in our mini's (blasphemy!)   Thanks for the link.   Even though it's in english I'm still having a hard time understanding the parts description lol!   But really, I'm going to try not to get to wild in modding the car since I'll probably be getting a newer chassis anyway.

[Image: 20130113_160808.jpg]
The shocks are temporary, TRF shocks on standby! And gawd, I hate GPM parts, but gotta use what's available!
looks great man!!! cant wait to see it drift Smile
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Everytime i see a ta03f i always want one lol. These are amazing to drive and i regret selling my old ones but i would keep the vdf as back up.
hey great looking 03, ive still got a couple and i should really get them running again lol
[Image: RC%20Drift%20Chassis%20Photo%20Gallery%2...20(11).jpg]
[Image: RC%20Drift%20Chassis%20Photo%20Gallery%2...20(17).jpg]
[Image: 405149244.jpg]
those cars were so ahead of their time its  ridiculous
Keep Drifting Fun
Gave the car some good shakedown runs tonight at the track Smile  I gotta say I am in love with this car!  So far I'm liking the driving feel more than my VDF (which I did sell Sad)  Still have some issues to work out like:

-Steering. There is just not enough.  I'm using the GPM steering so those little nubs on the rack arms aren't there anymore. I'm going to grind away a little bit of the c-hubs to try to get a little more angle.

-Suspension.  It pushes like a mofo.  There are some situations where the car feels like it overloads the available front traction and wants to keep going straight.   I purposely set it up with an exaggerated soft front end for fast weight transfer. While the car pivots so beautifully staying slow or slow to fast, it understeers like a pig in fast to slow.

Those were my only real problems with the car itself.  I threw a Castle 5700kv sidewinder setup in it but the drag brake in it was just way too aggressive. The car is still running 50/50 with a FOW and rear spool but seems to rotate much better than my VDF with1.6cs. I think the car just better suits my noob skills than the VDF did.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2013, 01:07 PM by robb41488.)
sounds like you may need to adjust your toe.... how much toe in are you running f/r?? we usually try to stay as close to 1*in in the rear as possible.

also i would maybe slightly stiffen the rear. sometimes this can help the push
Keep Drifting Fun
I'm running stock in the rear (whatever that may be) and roughly 0deg in the front.   I really doubt it's the toe though since the push only occurs during high speed to slow speed forward weight transfer.   Feels like taking a turn to fast in a front wheel drive car.
there is a possibilty that you might need to go up in spring tension to keep the weight off the front tires then. Sounds like your diving alot
Keep Drifting Fun