Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamiya ts paint
Hi there, I am having issues with tamiya ts paint atm. So far I painted 3 bodies, the first body I painted ps-4 and backed it with ps gun metal. It doesn't chip or give me issues so far, after bashing it rolling it. But on the 2 body I painted ps blue on one side and ts black on one side. I found out that the ts paint chips off really easily and when something sticky sticks to it like double tape, when I peel it off the paint will stick to it. And on the third body, I painted ts gun metal and backed it with ts black and it still has the same problem.
(I painted the bodies 2-3 layers of the primary colour n 2 layers of backing) *the way that I prepared the body's are the same*
Tamiya TS paints are synthetic lacquer. They're not designed to be used on polycarbonate bodies hence the cracking and chipping. Polycarbonate bodies used by most manufacturers flex in use. You should stick to PS paints, they are specifically for painting polycarbonate bodies and the paint flexes with the body so no chips or cracks.
[Image: %25C5%258Ckami%2BDrift_banner.jpg]
(05-20-2017, 02:37 AM)MrAkhtar86 Wrote:  Tamiya TS paints are synthetic lacquer. They're not designed to be used on polycarbonate bodies hence the cracking and chipping. Polycarbonate bodies used by most manufacturers flex in use. You should stick to PS paints, they are specifically for painting polycarbonate bodies and the paint flexes with the body so no chips or cracks.
 Ok..
Hello everyone,
This is my first time on a drift forum and i'm new into the rc drifting world. I've bought the https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/109291 as my first rc drift car. As a result, I hated the hpi nissan s13. I need help on deciding which rc drift car is the best for a good price. I was looking into the sakura d4 and the d3 cs, but not sure which one is better. My budget is $300 so if anyone is willing to help me, that would be great!
Thanks