Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tekno SCT410
So anyone around here race 4wd short course? Itching to get back into racing and picked up a Tekno SCT410. Anyone?
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.  

Mehh
I've always wanted to but never got into it. Where do you plan on racing?
Have 3 options here in my area. Closest one is a really small and tight track. Fun place to go though since running on a track beats mindless speed bashing through rocks and weeds.

The other two places are Delta Raceway and Norcal. If you ever watch Jang's reviews for URC, those tracks are the old Norcal site. there's actually more than that too in Sacramento but as of now I'm still unfamiliar with them.

Mehh
I run a Slash 4x4 LCG with a Tekin Pro-4 HD 1860KV on 4S. We have a dedicated 4S SCT class and most guys run a SC8 but i'm ballsy enough to run a slash.

25% of the time I break out my Exceed Mad drift I converted to Offroad and use the slash body.

Our track is crazy technical so I run a Locked front Diff, Locked center and 1k diff oil in the rear. It allows me to go hard into a corner, brake late and slam the throttle coming out. Kinda Unorthodox but it works.
When In doubt, Throttle Out!!!
OTA-R31 w/ Flux Capacitor
I don't have one but saw one that belongs to a guy working at lhs and it looks to be very well designed. He loves it as well.
[Image: aa.jpg]
I assembled mine and I gotta say it's easily one of the most high quality and thoughtful kits I have ever put together. Only issues I had were my turnbuckle wrenches weren't enough for the beefiness of the Tekno turnbuckles. The truck was such a pleasure to assemble, perhaps even more so than a Tamiya, and I f*cking love my Tamiyas.

Mehh
(07-31-2014, 01:42 PM)Chiefy707 Wrote:  I assembled mine and I gotta say it's easily one of the most high quality and thoughtful kits I have ever put together. Only issues I had were my turnbuckle wrenches weren't enough for the beefiness of the Tekno turnbuckles. The truck was such a pleasure to assemble, perhaps even more so than a Tamiya, and I f*cking love my Tamiyas.

I know this is kind of an old post but...
I am glad to hear that you are pleased with the way the Tekno SCT410 went together.
I am not sure if you are a RCTECH.net member or not, but there is a wealth of knowledge over there. It's funny that I come on here because I want to get back into rc drifting again and see this thread and feel like I must comment. If you ever need setup tips feel free to email me at info@teknorc.com just put attention Thomas and I will help you out.

-Thomas
(09-10-2014, 12:27 AM)ZERTA  RACING Wrote:  
(07-31-2014, 01:42 PM)Chiefy707 Wrote:  I assembled mine and I gotta say it's easily one of the most high quality and thoughtful kits I have ever put together.  Only issues I had were my turnbuckle wrenches weren't enough for the beefiness of the Tekno turnbuckles.  The truck was such a pleasure to assemble, perhaps even more so than a Tamiya, and I f*cking love my Tamiyas.

I know this is kind of an old post but...
I am glad to hear that you are pleased with the way the Tekno SCT410 went together.
I am not sure if you are a RCTECH.net member or not, but there is a wealth of knowledge over there. It's funny that I come on here because I want to get back into rc drifting again and see this thread and feel like I must comment. If you ever need setup tips feel free to email me at info@teknorc.com just put attention Thomas and I will help you out.

-Thomas

I posted on here just to see how many drifters are also racing.  The drift thead on RC Tech is a joke.
I actually am a regular on the RC Tech forums  (same name) but I've given up on posting.  Internet gangsters have a way of just fucking shit up for others.

Mehh