Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This noob needs help !!
First of all I am new to littlerock and too rc drifting we'll actually I haven't even brought a car yet. I have been doing tons of research on them and started to think well it's going to be boring if I just drift in my garage so I searched and found this glorious form. So my questions are what is the best starter kit that I can also upgrade later on. I want to stay on the cheaper side for a but until I'm sure I'll pursue this. Also is there any shops around the littlerock area that sells this stuff. Any information will help . I live in Jacksonville by the airbase if that will help anyone.
You may be able to find something used for dirt cheap, especially something on consignment at your LHS.

You can go the "clone" route. Don't recommend it though. Cheap is cheap for a reason.

RC-Art sells the D3 for $80. That combined with cheap electronics makes for a great low budget setup.

Bang for the buck, the MST RTR can't be f*cked with.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.

^^^^^true. great chassis to start with.
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
(07-12-2014, 06:22 PM)Chiefy707 Wrote:  You may be able to find something used for dirt cheap, especially something on consignment at your LHS.

You can go the "clone" route. Don't recommend it though. Cheap is cheap for a reason.

RC-Art sells the D3 for $80. That combined with cheap electronics makes for a great low budget setup.

Bang for the buck, the MST RTR can't be f*cked with.

I have been on RC-Art looking for the D3. Is there any way you could post the link to that correct page showing the D3 please.
...as far as clones and cheap, I picked up a Redcat Lightning after about 10 years out of the hobby. I have heard alot of people talk negatively about it, however after 2 years owning and smacking 2x4's I love it. It's not a CounterSteer(CS) chassis, but it has all metal gears. Also I have a Speed Passion S 3500kv 10T motor. To be honest the set up is too much power for drifting. Goes thru tires supper quick.