Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Titanium turnbuckles, what and where?
Hey.. generic question.. what brand titanium turnbuckles do you guys suggest and where one should order them? I know Usukani does make some, they look neat.

I need few sets for my Sakura D4 :)

Thanks,
Priit
(03-15-2016, 06:53 AM)chemic Wrote:  Hey.. generic question.. what brand titanium turnbuckles do you guys suggest and where one should order them? I know Usukani does make some, they look neat.

Thanks,
Priit

I don't recall Usukani making titanium rod turnbuckle. They have their own proprietary tube design and they are made out of aluminum.
If you need a complete set I would recommend going for the yokomo one made for the Drift Package or DIB as it covers the whole chassis. beware that if you pick the version that brings the ball cups, you might still have to use the ball cups from the D4 as 3Racing standard is 4.8mm ball, not 4.3mm like yokomo.
Here is the link to the kits:
for DP Type C http://rc-art.net/product_eng/639342089789
for DIB http://rc-art.net/product_eng/639342107261
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
(03-15-2016, 06:53 AM)chemic Wrote:  Hey.. generic question.. what brand titanium turnbuckles do you guys suggest and where one should order them? I know Usukani does make some, they look neat.

Thanks,
Priit

If your going the non specific route like Tiger T. said another options are lunsford turnbuckles.

I don't know how good their onroad turnbuckles (I suppose that the turnbuckles are probably the same between on and off road maybe only beefier if any difference.) I have run their off road ones in short course.
[Image: tumblr_nlsue9jbm31u38fl1o1_400.gif]
I only use Team Associated...mostly because I like blue and they work perfect with RPM ball cups.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
(03-15-2016, 04:22 PM)wareagle84 Wrote:  I only use Team Associated...mostly because I like blue and they work perfect with RPM ball cups.

I believe these are aluminum and not titanium. 
Anything colored in 99% chance aluminum.
Stainless can also be colored but by a heating process.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
(03-16-2016, 05:04 AM)Tiger.T Wrote:  
(03-15-2016, 04:22 PM)wareagle84 Wrote:  I only use Team Associated...mostly because I like blue and they work perfect with RPM ball cups.

I believe these are aluminum and not titanium. 
Anything colored in 99% chance aluminum.
Stainless can also be colored but by a heating process.

Team Associated website and the packaging they come in all say titanium.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen