Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 drift rc cars for beginner
Hello,

I would like to know which RTR rc drifting cars would be the best for beginner?

What would be your top 5?

My budget is from 100-1000 dollars or euros. I just want to buy easy to use rc-car drifter that is durable. I would drive the car on asphalt and inside my house.

Thank you in advance!

Gem
(07-14-2017, 03:47 AM)gemartic Wrote:  Hello,

My budget is from 100-1000 dollars or euros. I just want to buy easy to use rc-car drifter that is durable. I would drive the car on asphalt and inside my house.

Thank you in advance!

Gem

Ms-01d is a great car That has lots of upgrades
(07-14-2017, 09:45 AM)Drift12345678 Wrote:  
(07-14-2017, 03:47 AM)gemartic Wrote:  Hello,

Thank you in advance!

Gem

Ms-01d is a great car That has lots of upgrades

Thank you for your answer. Hope What do you think about HPI sprint 2 drift? Is it any good?
My 1st drift car was a 25th scale 4wd buggy that I had and put some PVC over the tires to try drifting. It did well enough that I bought a used HPI Sprint 2 Flux AWD. Used it for about a month out in my driveway. I then took it to the local drift track and while there was able to try a couple of RWD cars. That's all it took. The next week I went out and bought a Yokomo YD-2 RWD & haven't touched the Sprint 2 since. I could have converted it to RWD with the Yeah Racing RWD kit and I might still do that.

I then did some trading and ended up with a Sukara D4 RWD and a MST FXX-D which is now my favorite drifter. If I were starting out now I would buy the MST RMX 2.0S, it's not a RTR but a kit that you have to build and that is really the better way to go. When all said and done you will have about the same money in a kit as you will have for a RTR and in my opinion you will have a better car.

AWD (4WD) drifting was fun but RWD drifting is much more realistic.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

Ok, thanks for your reply. I have heard that it is easier to start drifting with 4wd.

Only problem is that Sukara D4 RWD might be hard to find in Finland and europe. I just googled it and I get only results from usa and asia.

Any other suggestions?
(07-15-2017, 03:15 AM)gemartic Wrote:  Ok, thanks for your reply. I have heard that it is easier to start drifting with 4wd.
When I was thinking about getting into drifting I was also told on some forums, not here, that a newbie needed a AWD to learn on. That is a bunch of hogwash. With a decent RWD drive car anyone can learn to drift. So don't think that because you are new to it that you have to have a AWD or 4WD to learn this just isn't true. There are several RWD cars that drift very well right out of the box. The MST RSM 2.0S is a prime example. In fact one of the guys at the track has one and is using  a brushed motor that he had laying around in it. His drift as well and any of the sensored brushless ones.
Gramps
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

(07-15-2017, 03:15 AM)gemartic Wrote:  Ok, thanks for your reply. I have heard that it is easier to start drifting with 4wd.

Only problem is that Sukara D4 RWD might be hard to find in Finland and europe. I just googled it and I get only results from usa and asia.

Any other suggestions?
Mst has a strong following in Europe. Yokomo is another good brand to look out for.

In terms of stability and handling. My preference still sits with the yd2-ex from Yokomo. However this might be too expensive for a beginner

The Mst rmx-s 2.0 you should be able to get easily there. End of the day make sure you can easily get parts for your model.

The good for these models are that they are a pure rwd chassis. 4wd chassis are fun. However the fun may be shortlived when you want it to look like a real drift car.

Simple advise. Youtube gymkhana Then youtube toyo d1gp. See which you like better. YouTube 4wd vs rwd faster rc circuit. Look for robekensugi video.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
First of all thank you for your answers.

It seems better to buy rwd-drifter.

like I wrote before: the budget isn a problem.

If I buy chassis, what else do i need? And how difficult it is to build?
(07-16-2017, 09:59 AM)gemartic Wrote:  First of all thank you for your answers.

It seems better to buy rwd-drifter.

like I wrote before: the budget isn a problem.

If I buy chassis, what else do i need? And how difficult it is to build?

Assuming you have nothing you would need

esc sensored
motor (10.5T-13.5T) sensored
steering servo (speed 0.1 or less)
transmitter/receiver
2s lipo battery
lipo battery charger
most kits will also require tires and wheels

The kits are not hard to build but will require a few basic tools. The tools needed will be listed in the manual. By building you will also have a better understanding of the car.
Gramps
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

So what would be good options for these parts?

esc sensored
motor (10.5T-13.5T) sensored
steering servo (speed 0.1 or less)
transmitter/receiver
2s lipo battery
lipo battery charger

?