Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 drift rc cars for beginner
Little late replying to this thread but my first drift car was a TA05VDF upped to a 1.6 CS ratio. It had gold everywhere, gold Overdose parts, gold electronics and was a very gorgeous and definitely a car with an "it" factor compared to other friends cars with HPI E10's, TT01's, or some converted TC with PVC pipe tires.
Problem is I couldn't drive worth a damn. Yeah I had the best looking car but it didn't matter.
I ended up getting a Tamiya TA03F DS and started drifting that. I loved that car, unlike the VDF. My 03 taught me a lot about throttle control, steering control, and weight transfer.

After my 03, every single drift car after that became pretty east to drive regardless if it was 50/50 or CS. This allowed me to start experimenting with high CS ratios which eventually led me to being pretty comfortable driving RWD... provided it's a well tuned RWD. A RWD in bad tune can be quite a handful trying to drive.
Just my 0.02. Really everyone's experience can be different. Some people can jump into the deep end of things and do just fine.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.

(07-14-2017, 03:47 AM)gemartic Wrote:  Hello,

I would like to know which RTR rc drifting cars would be the best for beginner?

What would be your top 5?

My budget is from 100-1000 dollars comparateur assurance chien or euros. I just want to buy easy to use rc-car drifter that is durable. I would drive the car on asphalt and inside my house.

Thank you in advance!

Gem

Hello,
Me too I ask myself the same question!
But I think you will have wide choice with such a budget!
IMO just get a kit where you can get parts at local hobby shop. Look out for MST , yokomo . Yes they come in kits and requires some parts.
Let me put it this way, rtr usually come with crappy parts. And you will eventually give up the hobby or just chuck it aside. Or spend even more upgrading. Done this way too many times and ended paying 3 - 4 times by original budget.
For USD 500 you get a new basic kit running. More and the better the parts are. IMO, I would say USD 500 should be a minimum budget.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD