Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Toyota Altezza [Streetstyle Battle Build]
#1
I thought I´d share the progress on my Toyota Altezza here as well. - We have a build battle over at the German forum. Five competitors will give their best to build a "streetstyle" bodyshell.
Head over there to see the progress of the other guys if you like?  LINK >>>

I chose the Pandora Altezza as my basis.
Details and lexanquality are quite good, but the cut lines are very vague and some of them are even non existant. - As you can see on the detail picture, there is no indication of where to cut out the wheel arches on top. So I will have to create my own stencils for that to get some smooth arches cut I am afraid.

[Image: dsc08497zssql.jpg]

[Image: dsc085051usb3.jpg]
Reply
#2
I already cut the body out roughly by now, except the wheel arches and the front. - I really have no clue what Pandora was thinking, when they modeled the front? - It apears, that the front skirt is actually part of the body and stays connected, while only the recessed parts are glued as a separate part from behind. They would have better skipped the extra dashboard from their mold and added a proper front skirt to be honest. Let´s see how that will look, when put together? - I for sure don´t want that window screen in front of the airintakes, as in the reference picture. ^^

[Image: BN-altezza-0.jpg]

I also started on some add on parts. - First stencil.

[Image: dsc085084glw9.jpg]

And a first test with a 3d printed license plate.

[Image: dsc085130dbrx.jpg]
Reply
#3
Parts, parts, parts, ... :D
The raw parts to go on the body are finished by now, next up is filling, sanding and then painting.

[Image: dsc08517hjoot.jpg]

Because it has been a while since I built my last bodyshell, I though I start easy and finished the dashboard to warm up a bit today. :D

[Image: dsc08519w4r5q.jpg]

[Image: dsc08520qnpyq.jpg]

[Image: dsc08536uipjn.jpg]
Reply
#4
Nice progress. Can't wait to see the finished result.
Reply
#5
I noticed that when I was working on my Pandora Vellfire, that the lines were rather faint around the wheelwells, but nowhere near as faint as for your Altezza. The lexan also was considerably thinner than either Yokomo or Overdose lexan and slightly thinner than Team Tetsujin lexan.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
Reply
#6
@DriftGundam / Yes, the rear of the bodyshell is also extremely thin, I will reinforce it with some tape and shoegoo once it is lacquered to make it safe for the track. ^^

Today I cut all the masks for painting.
And while I was at it, I directly masked up the lightbuckets, gave them a Tamiya Smoke treatment and added some lenses in front of the LEDs.
The lenses in the front buckets became pretty orange with the Tamiya translucent yellow unfortunately. - When backlit they look yellow again though.
I will have to see how they look when they are applied to the painted body, eventually I will have to change something up there still. ;)

[Image: dsc08539eljdm.jpg]

[Image: dsc085427lkj4.jpg]

[Image: dsc08550s0k2b.jpg]
Reply
#7
I finished cutting out the body roughly and drilled some holes for a first test fit on the chassis. - And it seems there is a bit of a height problem there. ^^ - Let´s see how I can manage to get that body slammed down to the ground? - 6mm offset will be maximum I guess, but even then I still have to figure something out to bring the body lower. - Next up will be sanding and refining of the edges.

[Image: dsc08562qtxa1.jpg]

[Image: dsc08567jjz4w.jpg]

I also filled and sanded the major additional parts, so they are ready to be painted later this week.

[Image: dsc08570pfyn1.jpg]
Reply
#8
I finished cutting out the body roughly and drilled some holes for a first test fit on the chassis. - And it seems there is a bit of a height problem. ^^ - Let´s see how I can manage to get that body slammed down to the ground? - 6mm offset will be maximum I guess, but even then I still have to figure something out to bring the body lower. - Next up will be sanding and refining of the edges.

[Image: dsc08562qtxa1.jpg]

[Image: dsc08567jjz4w.jpg]

I also filled and sanded the major additional parts, so they are ready to be painted later this week.

[Image: dsc08570pfyn1.jpg]
Reply
#9
Todays task, finding some suitable rims. ^^

[Image: dsc08582f8b62.jpg]
Reply
#10
Finally some color. :D
I reworked all the edges today, masked everything up and then lacquered the body and loose parts.
The "midnight blue" turned out pretty well as it seems. I painted Tamiya translucent blue, gunmetal and black, two layers each. - I am curious how the color will look once the protective foil is removed, but first it has to dry well, since I have to strengthen the whole body with shoegoo. - The rear bumper is extremely thin. :/

[Image: dsc08605orjp2.jpg]

[Image: dsc08604avjv4.jpg]

[Image: dsc08585ohjev.jpg]
Reply
 


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
RC Drift Mission Store


About DriftMission.com - Your Home for RC Drifting

Your home for everything RC Drift! DriftMission.com offers RC Drift news, reviews, guides, chassis, videos, tips, countersteer tools, bodies, builds and more!

Serving up the latest RC Drift content since 2011.