Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TT-01D Differential Lock
Hi guys, I want to take this TT-01 to the next level by locking the rear differential. What is the best way to do this without breaking it. Some say Blue-Tac, some say 300wt fluid, Help please. Also, in the front, people say add a one-way. Please explain it.

Damien
TT-O1 Toyota 86/Nissan GTR 35
Damien
Drift DMV
TT-01 Drift Spec
Toyota 86
TT01 diff does not have fluid seals, you cannot use silicone fluid.

BluTac gets loose & needs redoing regularly.
Some ppl stuff it with rags or little rubberbands but that's no different either.

I like to use ShoeGoo. It doesn't need redoing but can be undone
when you need to by washing in solvent thinners.

Pull the diff apart & degrease thoroughly if its a used unit. No need if its brandnew.
Just glue the spidergears to the side bevels... don't let ShoeGoo touch sides of
casing or outdrive shafts & you can remove the glued unit easily.
[Image: MRCsig.gif]
just take out one of the 3 small gears and shove it in between the other two gears. itll lock it and is easily reversible.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
i always locked the rear diff of the tt01 with hot glue.. hot glue when is cold is easy to get out so is reversible too..
(05-01-2014, 09:55 AM)tamiya Wrote:  TT01 diff does not have fluid seals, you cannot use silicone fluid.

BluTac gets loose & needs redoing regularly.
Some ppl stuff it with rags or little rubberbands but that's no different either.

I like to use ShoeGoo. It doesn't need redoing but can be undone
when you need to by washing in solvent thinners.

Pull the diff apart & degrease thoroughly if its a used unit. No need if its brandnew.
Just glue the spidergears to the side bevels... don't let ShoeGoo touch sides of
casing or outdrive shafts & you can remove the glued unit easily.
I concur!! Use shoo goo!