Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TT02D Active 2.0 CS - Too much oversteer
Hi Guys,

I got the Active Hobby 2.0 CS gears for my TT-02D yesterday and fitted them with a little modding to the diff housing as the prop shaft out put gear was too big and I had to open some more space up to have it fit and rotate freely. Anyway, I took it out for a test drive and I was able to do tight donuts and figure of 8 with ease but it just wouldn't want to do long sweepers even with full lock on the steering. 

I got rid of all of my toe out I was using on my 50/50 set up, increased the oil weight of the front shocks and also laying them down as much as possible and standing up the rear shocks as much as possible. I've cut off the steering restrictors on the steering hub for more angle so I get decent amount of angle but nothing amazing. After all of this the car still just wants to spin out at the tiniest amount of throttle. I've dialled back the EPA on my transmitter but it still wants to just spin out rather than do long sweepers. I've got the 1.76 CS gears aswell so will try those as well but I feel it's more of a setup issue.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks
The steering angle is quite necessary to do high cs ratio, my previously owned mst xxx-d pro had 60 out of the box and my newly bough Yokomo Dib v2 has 45, but even though with 60, 45 is alright, though sometimes i would spin out if i flicked the car too hard..

This is my previously owned TT02 CS 1.56 GRT from EA - i guess it had around 40 degress - next pic is compared to my Dib:

[Image: YT2W9zbl.jpg]

[Image: vT5kxbNl.jpg]

I usually drive with 1.5 or 1.8 with my Dib- had in 1.5 a whole weekend and that worked for me as i had more speed and control, 1.8 is better to smaller tracks.

Like this one, i drove with 1.8 and that suits the track:

[Image: PhgWzIll.jpg]

The track i last drove on in a competition was this with 1.5:

[Image: 753O7hvl.jpg]
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 1.80 - Main

MST RMX-D VIP - RWD - Main

Yokomo YD-2 RWD
(11-02-2015, 02:25 AM)Woodsnail Wrote:  The steering angle is quite necessary to do high cs ratio, my previously owned mst xxx-d pro had 60 out of the box and my newly bough Yokomo Dib v2 has 45, but even though with 60, 45 is alright, though sometimes i would spin out if i flicked the car too hard..

This is my previously owned TT02 CS 1.56 GRT from EA - i guess it had around 40 degress - next pic is compared to my Dib:

[Image: YT2W9zbl.jpg]

[Image: vT5kxbNl.jpg]

I usually drive with 1.5 or 1.8 with my Dib- had in 1.5 a whole weekend and that worked for me as i had more speed and control, 1.8 is better to smaller tracks.

Like this one, i drove with 1.8 and that suits the track:

[Image: PhgWzIll.jpg]

The track i last drove on in a competition was this with 1.5:

[Image: 753O7hvl.jpg]

Thanks a bunch, that's all really helpful information.

I've ordered the eagle racing steering like on your old TT02 so will install that when it arrives and test out the 1.76 CS gears aswell. Which universal CVDs would you recommend for big angle? I've got YEAH racing steel universals in the front at the moment they are 38mm in length.

I'm also going to increase the FDR as it went from 8.27 to 6.87 when installed the CS gear. Gonna change pinion to a smaller tooth one to get it between 7.2 and 8.7, ordered 19, 18, 17 and 16 tooth pinion for TT02 and will see which one feels better to me.
Quote:Thanks a bunch, that's all really helpful information.

I've ordered the eagle racing steering like on your old TT02 so will install that when it arrives and test out the 1.76 CS gears aswell. Which universal CVDs would you recommend for big angle? I've got YEAH racing steel universals in the front at the moment they are 38mm in length.

I'm also going to increase the FDR as it went from 8.27 to 6.87 when installed the CS gear. Gonna change pinion to a smaller tooth one to get it between 7.2 and 8.7, ordered 19, 18, 17 and 16 tooth pinion for TT02 and will see which one feels better to me.

The only CVD's i know that have great angle is MST - they got some universal ones that allows up till 60 degrees, found these at 38.5mm and some stub axels:
https://www.rcroller.com/mst-820010.html
Stub axels: http://www.rcroller.com/mst-310006-cva-w...xle-2.html

Mine on my Dib is 44mm - i can check what length the CVD's was on my late TT02 when i get home, got the pictures on my PC there, taken by my camera.

Yokomo YD-2 RWD
Awesome thanks! Sure that would be great if you could, appreciate the help buddy.
No problem m8, that's what we do here - help eachother continue this great hobby :)

I'll edit this post when i have news.

Yokomo YD-2 RWD
Soulrc also sell the universal shafts
So i just checked (long day at work)..

They are 44mm on the Eagle Racing TT02 - i think they vastly improved the car..

Yokomo YD-2 RWD
(11-02-2015, 02:50 PM)Woodsnail Wrote:  So i just checked (long day at work)..

They are 44mm on the Eagle Racing TT02 - i think they vastly improved the car..

Ah brilliant thanks, I've gone ahead and ordered some 55 degree eagle racing shaft for my car so will update here when i get everything fitted and running, thanks for all the help. Hopefully one day i'll be able to pass on this knowledge to a newbie like my self.
(11-02-2015, 09:12 AM)glenyboy Wrote:  Soulrc also sell the universal shafts

thanks gelnyboy, yeah I checked those out but i ordered some eagle racing 55 degree universals instead, way cheaper than the MST ones. Wish I could afford MST stuff but on a tight budget. Would love to have one of their VIP chassis.