TT02D Active 2.0 CS - Too much oversteer

16 Replies, 6586 Views

Here is a pic of my current steering angle, the universal CVDs chatter a little at this angle but can't hear it when driving.

Got the new pinions and went with 17t pinion with stock 70t spur, and can now control the car in slides just about. FDR is now back at 8.27 with the 2.0 CS gear,

Here is a pic of the steering angle.
[Image: 22410984799_f4404c87da_c.jpg]

eagle racing steering bellcrank and 55 degree universal CVDs are on their way, will post when they arrive
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2015, 01:57 PM by MusaK.)
So my new eagle racing steering wipers and 55 degree cvd universals arrived, a lot more control and can counter steer nicely now.

[Image: 23012632175_79af4c1a7c_c.jpg]
(11-14-2015, 04:44 PM)MusaK Wrote: 55 degree cvd universals
Hi MusaK. Which universals exactly did you get? Eagle Racing R31-15-44 http://www.broadtech.hk/eagleshop/shop/S...=R31-15-44 ?
I'm waiting for steering wipers and want to choose proper universals.
(11-19-2015, 09:57 PM)DmytroHi MusaK. Which universals exactly did you get? Eagle Racing R31-15-44 http://www.broadtech.hk/eagleshop/shop/s...'R31-15-44 ? Wrote: I'm waiting for steering wipers and want to choose proper universals.

Hi Dmytro, I got the TT01 more angle universals as I knew they would be a direct fit in the tt02 as both chassis' have the same track width. Turns out these eagle racing more angle universals have the same angle as my yeah racing steel universals or maybe even less. Not too sure about the R31 universals and if they would fit but i don't think they will fit. My yeah racing ones have a similar sized stub axles with 38mm shafts so the ones in the link will be too long for the tt02/01 as they have 44mm shafts. I'll put my yeah racing universals back into my car and check if i'm right about them having the same angle and let you know.

Also if you've bought the eagle racing wipers then you're gonna have to mod a bit to mount them up. They come with steering posts and really meant for the TT02 chassis that Eagle Racing makes; the GRT and the FRD. I had a aluminium steering setup before I went counter steer so I used the hardware it came with and just put the washers on top. Also you wont be able to put it on with the top bearing in place so make sure to only use the bottom bearing. It works the same with just one bearing.

Hope that helps, any other questions or if something didn't make sense just ask
Actually I've received Yeah Racing universals today, but 1) one unit has broken thread and I can't screw the wheel nut on it; 2) they are 38mm but seem too short. When assembled, the swing shaft end is just 1-2mm away from the edge of gearbox joint cup. I'm afraid it can slip out while driving. Does 38mm fit your car well?

I've ordered Square's steering wiper set and it probably will require some work to fit into the chassis also.

Btw, are you using fixed upper arms for any reason? Why not adjustable rods?
(11-20-2015, 12:06 AM)Dmytro Wrote: Actually I've received Yeah Racing universals today, but 1) one unit has broken thread and I can't screw the wheel nut on it; 2) they are 38mm but seem too short. When assembled, the swing shaft end is just 1-2mm away from the edge of gearbox joint cup. I'm afraid it can slip out while driving. Does 38mm fit your car well?

I've ordered Square's steering wiper set and it probably will require some work to fit into the chassis also.

Btw, are you using fixed upper arms for any reason? Why not adjustable rods?

38mm fits the car really well for me, goes more than half way into the cups, did you get the steel cups as well or just using the stock ones, that will make a difference if its the stock plastic ones.

The fixed upper arms are just there because I don't really need camber at the moment since i run on smooth and rough asphalt mostly and never on carpet so doesnt make a difference, will change them up if and when I start drifting on prepared carpet surfaces
I have the steel cups which came with front one way unit (3Racing), but they are of the same dimensions as regular steel cups.

I made the photo with YR universal on one side and stock dog-bone on the other. See the difference is significant and I think there's exactly enough room to fit 44mm.

Another thing, with 38mm universal the wheel is able to move 2-3mm along it's axis freely, which is not good.

I'm wondering how you and I can get different geometry of the same chassis. Do you have "standard" knuckles installed, not D-spec ones?
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2015, 07:07 PM by Dmytro.)