Updating an old chassis

4 Replies, 1198 Views

Hi, newbie to the drift scene. I have a hpi sprint 2 that I'm getting ready to run. Now I know it's not that good, but I don't have the money to get a new car so is there any hop ups for a different car that is compatible the the sprint 2 platform? I've seen the whole suspension kit on Asia tees, but is there anything else? Thanks for the help
Absolutely.
I suggest you look at RCMart. They carry a kit for the Sprint 2 to make it bulletproof.
They made so much hop ups for it they actually sell a fully decked out sprint 2 chassis made entirely from their parts.
You can make it CS or RWD.
My obvious advice is to get the RWD kit as it is becoming the new standard in RC Drifting.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
(01-24-2018, 05:15 PM)Tiger.T Wrote: Absolutely.
I suggest you look at RCMart. They carry a kit for the Sprint 2 to make it bulletproof.
They made so much hop ups for it they actually sell a fully decked out sprint 2 chassis made entirely from their parts.
You can make it CS or RWD.
My obvious advice is to get the RWD kit as it is becoming the new standard in RC Drifting.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it lol. It'd be nice to get the sprint 2 up to snuff
In my opinion, the BMW e39 or e60 is the most suitable for drift and also for drag racing because both they are RWD.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 11:54 AM by john.biton.)
(01-23-2018, 02:28 AM)87 outlaw Wrote: Hi, newbie to the drift scene. I have a hpi sprint 2 that I'm getting ready to run. Now I know it's not that good, but I don't have the money to get a new car so is there any hop ups for a different car that is compatible the the sprint 2 platform? I've seen the whole suspension kit on Asia tees, but is there anything else? Thanks for the help

In my opinion, the BMW e39 or e60 is the most suitable for drift and also for drag racing because both they are RWD. These cars have much power and are better to take one with manual transmission to feel the car better. I have an e39 4.4 manual and I'm pissing all over all the w210 5.5 and A6. Don't be afraid about the spares, because on the market they are in a big amount. I'm ordering the spares I need from https://www.waautoparts.com.au/ Last month I've bought BBS wheels in very good condition. So I recommend for drift a BMW for sure...
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 10:53 AM by john.biton.)