Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Usukani D4 Build
Just a quick few shots of my most recent build. 
I am building this for my wife as she's been using my FRD recently and wanted to have her own car. 
The setup mostly uses Usukani parts (decks, bulkheads, arms, knuckles, etc) at the exception of the rear arms and knuckles, as well as the steering. I ended up getting a few knock off parts, even though I hate buying copies, but some parts didn't have to be genuine. These include the suspension mount parts, the motor mount plate, and the CVDs. Also the dampers are Topline Neo dampers with Kazama TRF adjustable caps. 
I opted for a Tailslider rack I had from my D-Like RER Hybrid. 
Re-drilled the deck, make a belcrank out of a wrap-up next hybrid steering arm. 
Still debating if I should go with a top weight shift setup or just rear weight shift for more traction rather than roll. 
I tried the whole Bagi setup in the rear but I found it cumbersome and adding friction to an already smooth motion.

[Image: 20160327_153627.jpg]

[Image: 20160327_153634.jpg]

[Image: 20160327_202817.jpg]

[Image: 20160327_202833.jpg]

I am bound to run Acuvance systems, but since this is not for me, I'll be slapping a Sanwa Vortex Type D for the ESC as my wife will run a Sanwa MT-S radio and the Sanwa Drift Gyro. Making it all SSL will be easier to play with.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
Hory sheet! That thing is nice! If you don't mind me asking, what ball cups did you use with the Usukani front upper/lower arms? And what was the total length of each arm? I am using the kit ends and would like to simplify the whole thing with regular cups. I used kit steering linkage/camber linkage cups and just couldn't get the right setup. The lengths were just always off no matter what I did. I guess I could cut the kit steering/camber cups but I would rather not.
Ball cups are either Overdose, or Kyosho.
It's roughly about 180/185 in the front lower arms. Upper arms are set for about 7 or 8 degree of camber so you'd have to verify.
Caster is a bit too high already, I need to reduce it a little more but right now I get about 10 degrees.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
Not sure if you can see this. That's how my rear is setup at the moment.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDhbpZAiylV/
Damn man that is nice! I might pick up one of those rear trays from you. Haven't decided if I'm gonna go regular size or shorty yet. Thanks for the info too!
what size Usukani turnbuckles do you use in your build? :)
(03-29-2016, 02:53 PM)chemic Wrote:  what size Usukani turnbuckles do you use in your build? :)

I used 27 in the rear I think, upfront is the shortest one. 
I will have to verify that later.
(03-29-2016, 03:24 PM)Tiger.T Wrote:  
(03-29-2016, 02:53 PM)chemic Wrote:  what size Usukani turnbuckles do you use in your build? :)

I used 27 in the rear I think, upfront is the shortest one. 
I will have to verify that later.

Actually 39mm in the rear is likely what you have.  Thats what I have and it looks exactly like mine.
Wow, nice build.