Value/Quality Brushless Combos

36 Replies, 18010 Views

how about a 20B! I here you, you always need a plan B
lol... might as well go quad.. thats all the rage now in drifting.. 3 rotors aint enough.. lol.. maybe a boxter engine would be different.. lol
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
Hobbywing Xerun Sensored 120A ESC +3672 Brushless Motor(4000KV)

What I own . . A - MAZ - ING !!!! Smile
Own . . .
-MST MS-01D VIP
-HPI Sprint 2
-Tamyia TT01D

To Come . . .
-MST FS-01D
-TM E4d MF Pro
-HB TC-FD
Does anyone have any experience with Turnigy ESC's and Brushless Motors?
[Image: 1.jpg]
The Turnigy's are mostly clones of other ESC's/Motors, mostly the Hobbywing sets. They are alright, but the price difference isn't that big and for the extra few $ you get a better support, better looking product and also a smaller ESC. Hobbywing used to be cheap chinese stuff too, but they have really proved themselfs. They used to be the manufacturer for Speedpassion too by the way.
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
Ill probably get flamed for this but I recently ordered a leopard ESC/motor/program card combo from Ebay for $65 shipped.... Ive read and read and read about it and seems like it might be a solid buy. The previous version was known to demagnetize once the motor hit 160 degrees but supposedly v2 changed that. Also it no longer comes with the crappy leopard program card and now  brings a toro? which might be crappy too  but has more things that can be tuned.

All in all, ill let you know when I install it!
Oh okay thanks I'm building a D3 for my wife so I'm really not sure how much time she is going to put into drifting so I didn't want to dump to much on the electronics.
[Image: 1.jpg]
(05-07-2013, 08:50 PM)vroomin Wrote: Ill probably get flamed for this but I recently ordered a leopard ESC/motor/program card combo from Ebay for $65 shipped.... Ive read and read and read about it and seems like it might be a solid buy. The previous version was known to demagnetize once the motor hit 160 degrees but supposedly v2 changed that. Also it no longer comes with the crappy leopard program card and now  brings a toro? which might be crappy too  but has more things that can be tuned.

ive had issues with the Leopard esc and not the motor.   My leopard esc burned out after a 2 hour run on a sunny 98 deg day, but the motor was fine... still is. Aznpulse is now using my 12t leopard motor with a h.w. ezrun 35a esc and its a lot smoother than with the leopard esc. I feel that brushless setups are made or broken by the esc performance. But brushed systems are more heavily influenced by the smoothness of the motors rotation. The leopard motors are fine for drifting so long as they are geared properly.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013, 09:23 PM by rudeboy03.)
Not to be off topic, but I was gonna order that toro brushless for 65 but I asked around and did some research and I came to the conclusion of " u get what u pay for" so I went with the castle 3600 and the sidewinder esc with a fan on it, the sct one....and I also am trying another type of motor called hacker
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
(05-07-2013, 09:21 PM)rudeboy03 Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 08:50 PM)vroomin Wrote: Ill probably get flamed for this but I recently ordered a leopard ESC/motor/program card combo from Ebay for $65 shipped.... Ive read and read and read about it and seems like it might be a solid buy. The previous version was known to demagnetize once the motor hit 160 degrees but supposedly v2 changed that. Also it no longer comes with the crappy leopard program card and now  brings a toro? which might be crappy too  but has more things that can be tuned.

ive had issues with the Leopard esc and not the motor.   My leopard esc burned out after a 2 hour run on a sunny 98 deg day, but the motor was fine... still is. Aznpulse is now using my 12t leopard motor with a h.w. ezrun 35a esc and its a lot smoother than with the leopard esc. I feel that brushless setups are made or broken by the esc performance. But brushed systems are more heavily influenced by the smoothness of the motors rotation. The leopard motors are fine for drifting so long as they are geared properly.

Well ill let you know how it goes, I might need that ESC after all lol

(05-07-2013, 09:26 PM)RCPHREEK Wrote: Not to be off topic, but I was gonna order that toro brushless for 65 but I asked around and did some research and I came to the conclusion of " u get what u pay for" so I went with the castle 3600 and the sidewinder esc with a fan on it, the sct one....and I also am trying another type of motor called hacker

Funny thing you say that, most people said the same thing simply because of the price point alone. However that wont stop me from trying. Most people actually said the motor went out and the ESC is great. Most even running it with many other motors without issue.

This is how I see it, $65 ill spend on a body anyway. Wether the ESC or the motor goes ill still have one left (hopefully LOL) and I can always replace it with a Tacon (brushless) with great reviews and only $25.

See I am no expert, I feel no need for $200 motors and esc's.