Weight Shift Mod - VDF

5 Replies, 1897 Views

Hi Drifterz, wondering if anyone has made a weight shift mod for a VDF?

I'm thinking up ideas, just wanted to see if anyone has already nailed it.

Cheers.
OVERDOSE Vacula Black Edition RWD
TRF TA05 VDFI RWD
Tamiya TT01-E BOK SPEC CS1.76
Pardon my question, but what is a weight shift mod? Thanks!
He's going to move some stuff around the chassis like electronics or battery mount to shift the weight where he needs it.
Unless he's got some crazy contraption that'll shift weight while drifting like a ships ballasts?
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
(11-13-2015, 07:19 PM)wareagle84 Wrote: He's going to move some stuff around the chassis like electronics or battery mount to shift the weight where he needs it.
Unless he's got some crazy contraption that'll shift weight while drifting like a ships ballasts?

But with what goal in mind?  I understand merely moving your weight around to achieve a 50/50 left/right balance or to achieve a desired front/rear balance.  But I don't think that's what people are referring to when they talk about a "weight shift".

My guess is that they're talking about raising the center of gravity to get a more realistic look and/or feel of the car as it transitions, but I don't know if that's the case.
Not sure. Ive only heard people make that reference when its to move stuff, usually electronics, around on the chassis to make it handle the way they want.
Never really heard of anyone purposely raising the center of gravity, except just out of curiosity, but maybe.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
(11-13-2015, 07:42 PM)Tommy R Wrote:
(11-13-2015, 07:19 PM)wareagle84 Wrote: He's going to move some stuff around the chassis like electronics or battery mount to shift the weight where he needs it.

But with what goal in mind?  I understand merely moving your weight around to achieve a 50/50 left/right balance or to achieve a desired front/rear balance.  But I don't think that's what people are referring to when they talk about a "weight shift".

My guess is that they're talking about raising the center of gravity to get a more realistic look and/or feel of the car as it transitions, but I don't know if that's the case.

Tommy R is correct... looking to alter the centre of gravity to promote more "weight shift" during drift... ill post some pics when i get it worked out. Cheers.
OVERDOSE Vacula Black Edition RWD
TRF TA05 VDFI RWD
Tamiya TT01-E BOK SPEC CS1.76