Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did u do to your drifter today!
Pic now lol

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk
Use the plus sign on tapatalk, then press the centre icon that looks like a portrait
Besides building my DP and change the dampers (yesterday). I prepared my RC for RWD by removing the Shaft and changing the spur to a 96t. Just have to wait for the motor and ESC to come in and then buy the 2WD Conversion from Yokomo

[Image: 99844f7603d8151ae4296c67280bc714.jpg][Image: bab610a557d39e42be404ec548fd38b0.jpg]
Today, I totally stripped down my Sprint2. Cleaned all the parts. Swapped all the screws out with a set of stainless steel Allen heads. Then I relocated my electronics all to one side and ran my battery front to back, standing up, so even though the battery side is heavier, the weight is mostly towards the center. Also started painting a Porsche 911 body.

Let me know what you guys think of the new setup (sorry for the crappy pic).

[Image: 917EA402-B976-4A9E-BCBE-C4A0A9161B2F_zpsdqjsojiv.jpg]
I just got and installed a new protek speed servo for my MS D01. And rearrange the wiring of the electronics. . I might still switch things around. But this is where i get today.
[Image: 4ca1e56964f8c3084ce4181521ee284e.jpg]

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
I picked up something new to experiment with converting to RWD:

.jpg   YD-4 Start.jpg (Size: 450.97 KB / Downloads: 42)

A big thanks to KONG for helping me get this new chassis and letting me look at his RWD YD-4. The 12mm offset Watanabes are for my Trueno, which will be the intended body.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
Last night, I changed the pulley on my front one-way from 32t to 39t. Now I'm at a 1.63 CS ratio. Working towards 2 but I'm waiting on a belt.
Had to fix up a few screws on the car and threadlock them as they were starting to get loose from the car show we attended last week. Had to change the tires too for a carpet run tonight.

[Image: 20160508_12040601_zpskyrrjv9r.jpg]
[Image: 20160513_071232_zps60umfpp0.jpg]
MST XXX-D VIP w\ Novak Drift Spec Combo
[Image: YD-4%2BRWD.jpg]

I finished converting my YD-4 to RWD today, tidying up the wires and electronics. I'll bring her to the track maybe Tuesday or Wednesday to get her dialed in.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(05-15-2016, 08:09 PM)DriftGundam Wrote:  [Image: YD-4%2BRWD.jpg]

I finished converting my YD-4 to RWD today, tidying up the wires and electronics. I'll bring her to the track maybe Tuesday or Wednesday to get her dialed in.

-Vic

Looks good man! Clean ass setup.  What do you think about the YD2 coming out?
Founder of SOCAL-RC.com.