Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did u do to your drifter today!
Honestly, while I've seen pictures of the chassis, I can't say I'm extremely excited, though it might be because I just got finished building and then converting the YD-4. The YD-2 seems to have a lot going for it in terms of being a purpose-RWD chassis and I might get the RS/Plastic version for parking lot fun, but I would like to finish my Nervis 2.0 and maybe build a XEX RWD first as I haven't owned or worked on an Overdose chassis.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
Took it out for a bit of drifting.... after its been sitting for almost a year

honestly forgot how fun RWD drifting was
Installed stealth body mounts.

[Image: 20160526_192553_zpskv6ncjxq.jpg]
[Image: 20160526_195150_zpsllonitkl.jpg]
MST XXX-D VIP w\ Novak Drift Spec Combo
Nice rob, them look like subi rims(not saying they are) they just look like it B)
Bought 3 new bodies to my XXX-D Vip cs, RMX-D Vip rwd and my YD-2 rwd - Still haven't decided what color to paint, but the Crown is going on my CS car and either BMW or the BR-Z is going on either rwd cars - all with stealth mounts so i can switch for my choosing:

[Image: Wide-Body-Full-Kit-No1-for-Toyota-86-Sub...67-433.jpg]

[Image: kb48573.jpg]

[Image: 14183946_1189122811126019_69688916942837...e=588C9DE8]
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary
I bought 100-count batches of M3 stainless steel button-head and flat-head socket screws in the most common sizes from McMaster-Carr.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
Converted my DP to RWD. Hopefully get a chance to give it a run tomorrow or even tonight.

[Image: 14938355_10155354853559018_1130712897854...e=58D3BEBE]
(11-04-2016, 05:55 PM)H0LESH0T Wrote:  Converted my DP to RWD. Hopefully get a chance to give it a run tomorrow or even tonight.

Nice! - Give it a bit more toe in, getting the Ackermann closer to parallel. Looking at it, you might want to use the most forward holes on the steering wipers for a better geometry. The steering is the essential part, if you get that right the drift package will perform brilliantly. - Have fun testing.
(11-06-2016, 04:28 AM)Davis Wrote:  
(11-04-2016, 05:55 PM)H0LESH0T Wrote:  Converted my DP to RWD. Hopefully get a chance to give it a run tomorrow or even tonight.

Nice! - Give it a bit more toe in, getting the Ackermann closer to parallel. Looking at it, you might want to use the most forward holes on the steering wipers for a better geometry. The steering is the essential part, if you get that right the drift package will perform brilliantly. - Have fun testing.

Ended up changing to different knuckles and got longer turnbuckles etc. Still testing and tuning. Loving it though, should of went to RWD a long time ago.

[Image: 21lo08k.jpg]

[Image: 2eqamah.jpg]
(11-26-2016, 07:33 PM)H0LESH0T Wrote:  Ended up changing to different knuckles and got longer turnbuckles etc. Still testing and tuning. Loving it though, should of went to RWD a long time ago.

That looks like perfect steering geometry. - The DP is actually one of the best RWD chassis there is in my opinion.