Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did u do to your drifter today!
I've found the more front camber you have on a RWD car the faster it is overall but it becomes less stable with more camber. Try running -4 to -6 for a bit more control.

-Jeremy
Thanks, will try that.

Running like -8 or -10 atm, for the looks, with 12mm spacers and +5 offset.
(07-21-2013, 10:07 AM)Lille Buller Wrote:  Maybe thats ^^ what i need on my ta05, the split sec i think of hitting the accelerator ther rear comes around..

My setup is a 550 from a monstertruck some noname esc and rubber tires, didnt move at all on drift tires just spun those rears..
Try hard compound rubber drift tires, and if u need more info on rwd drifting I think u can find some info on the rwd drifter section, just some quick advice tho, u can tighten up the rear shocks and loosen the front, and keep the weight rear biased
And also, I use PVC plastic tires on the front and the hard compound in the rear!!

I run 5* on the front and 0* on rear
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
I turned my front camber to about 3-5 degrees, ( no gauge )
And on vtec track racing tires it still just lights up the rears.
Even more fun, when i focus hard on getting it moving straight, and then turn, it pushes the front end out..
Tried out my tamiya D-spec tires and they couldnt find grip to move the car.
Surface is termac.

Been looking in the rwd section, most of the setups there is based on front/midship style chassis, supposed that have some effect, atleast on the weight bias.
Well it also helps to turn down the throttle!! I went from 60% on throttle to 20% and my driving was highly improved:)
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
i built my mst mso1d pro and installed all the elecrtonics!!
Stripped all electronics out of my MST XXXD VIP to make way for the new setup :)

[Image: 1016932_10153035909735416_301662654_n.jpg]
Overdose + Tail-Slider MST XXX-D VIP FM Red w/ HT Suspension Fully upgraded ^^

(07-22-2013, 12:16 PM)RCPHREEK Wrote:  Well it also helps to turn down the throttle!! I went from 60% on throttle to 20% and my driving was highly improved:)

I dont have EPA on my throttle, so how?
Working on placing the battery further back, stiffened the rear dampers with new oil and hard tamiya springs.
No run time on that yet, tho.
Polished and cleaned up the carbon and went back and repainted the alu parts again to look cleaner. Tomorrow to redo the hubs again

[Image: 9361706934_e3d0ca7f71_c.jpg]
[Image: 9123805157_8fe7c0d400_n.jpg]
HPI Sprint 2 Drift / mid motor drift weapon
MST FS-01D / new work in progress
Uninstalled all electronics... Getting ready to install new motor, esc, and servo...

... And took a look at the onevia body and wondered when do I plan on finishing it.
*TAMIYA* TA05 GRT CS Ratio: 2.14 /TB03 3RACING CONVERSION
*HPI* RS4 3 Stage D conversion/Savage 21/Savage XS/Trophy Truggy*Mamba Monster*