I'm looking for a good belt driven car for a beginner
sakura D3
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
My vote is for the MST MS-01D rtr. But its a lot more expensive than the D3 kit
OK thanks guys
What about the Eagle Racing R31-16FM.
[Image: eb7db9ea181aeb53046498d863f0d6d0.jpg]
you can make a sakura d3 run for less than any other chassis out there, and it is still up-gradable. The suggestion was based on what if you dont like it? you just spent a few $ compared to other chassis.
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
Sakura D3 or Speedpower OTA-R31

Build and driving skill is also a factor,Sakura has a higher Countersteer ratio out of the box so you might wanna spend a few bucks getting a pulley for a 1.5 or possibly 50/50
Midwest Slidewayz RC drift club

Chicagoland Toys and Hobbies
Hikotech Bianca
Eagle Racing Drift Fleet
Speed Passion USA
Futaba
Savox
SpeedPower OTA-R31 from RCMart. $180 Ready to Run.

Its out of stock right now but they have full kits for $100 and you have to buy electronics.
When In doubt, Throttle Out!!!
OTA-R31 w/ Flux Capacitor
I wouldn't recommend a Sakura D3 or an R31 for a beginner. It depends what you're looking for- a car that's hard to drive (D3), or a car that's harder to drive (R31). Both require mild troubleshooting. Once you get the tire, suspension, and alignment setups sorted out, it seems that the R31 would be more fun, but you asked what would be good for a beginner. I would have to lean towards the D3 to have any chance of fun in the near future. My true opinion, completely ignoring the above posts, would be for a beginner to get a 50/50, but it's not my money.
(07-23-2014, 03:42 PM)twofortydrifter Wrote:  I wouldn't recommend a Sakura D3 or an R31 for a beginner. It depends what you're looking for- a car that's hard to drive (D3), or a car that's harder to drive (R31). Both require mild troubleshooting. Once you get the tire, suspension, and alignment setups sorted out, it seems that the R31 would be more fun, but you asked what would be good for a beginner. I would have to lean towards the D3 to have any chance of fun in the near future. My true opinion, completely ignoring the above posts, would be for a beginner to get a 50/50, but it's not my money.

The Speedpower R31 is a 50/50 chassis kit and has more room to grow than a sprint2 or TT-01
Midwest Slidewayz RC drift club

Chicagoland Toys and Hobbies
Hikotech Bianca
Eagle Racing Drift Fleet
Speed Passion USA
Futaba
Savox