Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What drift chassis is also good for all use?
Exit 
I have been trying to find the right chassis for a few years now but I just don't know. There isn't much only for really anything rc related and what there is really isn't to helpful. I mean some of the websites have an add to cart option but it's just a picture and you can't click on it and one website had just products but you have to be a dealer to order. I have found the Yokomo YD-2 EX and the MST FXX-D vip to be vary appreciated in the drift community but the are now comparisons with any chassis and the YouTubers tell you buy them but I can't buy both. Also everything I find is with drifting only and I also want to do normal track races and I bring my cars to the car show I have (with real cars) and I race against my friend (in a straight line like a drag race). I would like it if anyone could give me any help/feedback/suggestions. Thanks
Hi , it really depends on what you want to do with the chassis.

From what I read you want to race and drift . These are 2 different configurations for an RC. What I suggest to you is a 4wd RC car instead of a 2wd.

For proper drifting, the chassis like yd2 ex( this has been upgraded recently to yd2 s), rmx-s, or the d4. These chassis are dedicated rwd chassis. Of course there are chassis but the layout of the car is roughly the same. Rear motor, or high rear motor rwd.

If you aren't that serious in racing your RC, then you can slap on some on road wheels. And you are good to go. But IMO it is difficult to drive as the car is rear heavy and will oversteer continuously. You just have to get used to it. With a 10.5 t motor, you should be able to hit 30mph with the right gearing. If you want it faster you need a bigger motor, and it's not really recommended for drifting IMO.

For racing your car, it's going to be a different setup. Usually it's a front motor configuration.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
What about the MST FXX-D it's rwd with front motor?
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

It's really not a good idea to post the same question in multiple sections. Makes it real hard to follow any answers.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

I sorta understand why you made so many duplicate posts throughout the forums, sometimes it can be hard around here to get a response. That said I merged them all so your original question is here in the help section. Not trying to be a douche, figure I may as well do something before someone says something.

So to answer your question, this is a RC drift community so we focus more on the drift aspect of RC. It sounds like you're looking for a car that does it all. Stay away from a purpose designed chassis. The YD-2 and FXX are optimized for RWD sliding. Even with grip tires they would be too unstable for high powered drag racing.
You can go for a TC type chassis. The problem with a TC type chassis though is that you're pretty much limited to a smooth on road type surface only. Which isn't bad if all you'll be doing is parking lot speed runs and drag racing for bragging rights. The plus to this is you can also get into organized on road racing if they do that in your area.
You can also go for a rally type chassis. Basically a TC with a sealed drivetrain and more suspension travel. You'll be able to do most of the things a TC can, as well as do some lightweight off roading.
In my experience though you should go with whatever your friends go with and visit your local hobby shop. Online is great for ordering stuff and finding deals, but your local hobby shop knows whats popular in your area and more than likely carries stuff that caters more to that. Just be aware that they may also try to sell you only what they have on the shelf or only what they can order.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. This can be a pretty expensive hobby and you can easily burn yourself out getting something that ended up being something you weren't expecting. Keep doing your research and find what excites you the most. I know I can tell you right now you don't want to drift.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any good chassis under $100 joshb_18 5 1,969 08-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Last Post: tamiya
  what to look for in a good drift servo? cody2130 6 1,822 06-01-2014, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Ebbicake