Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What offset wheel for this Body?
I am new to the drifting RC world. When I was younger I had a offload racer but now as an adult i want to get into the drifting world. Now to my question. 

I want to get this body from AP Plastics. They don't have a website or anything but I found them thru Instagram. The Rear will be 223mm wide and the chassis that this is going on is a Sakura D4. The 3Racing brake kit will be behind the wheels. I am having trouble finding a few accessories for it. The wing that will go over the under wing, side mirrors, and wipers. The most important thing is the wheels. I want them to have a real nice flush fitment to the body and it not tuck under the body. It won't kill me if it pokes out just a bit. I have tried so hard to find something online but there isn't much on this body. Would anyone please direct me where i can find the certain things i want for it. I want this to look as realistic as possible and i will be experimenting with styrene to make it look as real as possible. Thanks in advance. As for the body here are the photos i have of it.

Attached Files
.jpg   8JJpKGeRBLI.jpg (Size: 109.42 KB / Downloads: 32)
.jpg   wFWZyQ0gK6s.jpg (Size: 116.9 KB / Downloads: 27)
(12-28-2015, 04:40 PM)Gonzo1308 Wrote:  I am new to the drifting RC world. When I was younger I had a offload racer but now as an adult i want to get into the drifting world. Now to my question. 

I want to get this body from AP Plastics. They don't have a website or anything but I found them thru Instagram. The Rear will be 223mm wide and the chassis that this is going on is a Sakura D4. The 3Racing brake kit will be behind the wheels. I am having trouble finding a few accessories for it. The wing that will go over the under wing, side mirrors, and wipers. The most important thing is the wheels. I want them to have a real nice flush fitment to the body and it not tuck under the body. It won't kill me if it pokes out just a bit. I have tried so hard to find something online but there isn't much on this body. Would anyone please direct me where i can find the certain things i want for it. I want this to look as realistic as possible and i will be experimenting with styrene to make it look as real as possible. Thanks in advance. As for the body here are the photos i have of it
Ok so..
As for the under wing you are probably better of making a styrene one for scale purposes. 
Side mirrors and wipers could be found pretty much any place that sells rc stuff such as: ebay,driftmission,or maybe even amazon and a local hobby shop of choice. 

As for rim offset I'm going to guess that you will probably need at least 9mm offset rims. You probably should mess with different offset rims to create the desired look. If you are really going for that rwb look you will probably want to buy some hpi or spice work meisters with the correct offset.
http://rcdriftmission.com/shop/rc-drift-...et-chrome/
http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.com/i...ts_id=4282[Image: SPWM-016.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nlsue9jbm31u38fl1o1_400.gif]
I haven't fitted that body personally but I've seen it mounted in person and have experience with Sakura and it's dimensions. To give you a rough starting point based on stock arm length a 5mm wheel nut and 5mm offset wheel will get you just about flush on a 200mm body. +/- with the amount of camber. So if you do the math from there you should be good. FYI, 223mm is very wide for a drift body, as wide as or wider the any other body I'm aware of so this is a unique situation.
Id of thought +12 , it's near 24mm bigger than most shells!
Yep, 12 is the offset you should be looking for. What brand is that Porsche body?
Come see my RC paint Jobs at

http://www.facebook.com/blushoprc