Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What tires do you run & on what surface??
In Singapore, we have far too many types of tires for drifting.
Normally, Carpet will be DS F Zero or Spice or Street Jam Carpet tires.
Normal Tiles, polished clement or rough surface, we will use DS F1 or F2 or Auotdrift (Yokomo Singapore) Progrip tires. So far tested many tires and these are some of the best so far.
[Image: 21A8ED9C-2141-462F-85F2-17A086E3300B-943...602741.jpg]
my crew mostly runs DC3 / DC7 molded plastic from the philipines, good fro mostly any surface. Under xtreme heat they tend to pop off the rim.

[Image: TH_DC3_2.jpg]

[Image: 8744757.jpg]
[Image: TeamdriftkrazeDecal_zps9fa6e858.png]
On any hard surface (concrete, asphalt) I run R2 T-drifts. - For carpet tracks I like RC Art carpet tires best, since they slide extremely smooth.
Used to run t drifts, switched to Raikous, then switched to R2 diamond cuts. They are fucking awesome. indoor, outdoor. the best.
(11-28-2012, 03:51 PM)VegasThirteen Wrote:  Used to run t drifts, switched to Raikous, then switched to R2 diamond cuts. They are fucking awesome. indoor, outdoor. the best.

Have you ran the R2 Diamond Cuts on asphalt/concrete outdoors? I'm interested to hear what you think of them, since some people say they aren't very good outdoors.
Well in sg, we dun realli get to try out many other brand. Due to our country race mainly onli 2 brands of tires. One of it is DS tires and another is progrip. Both basically run okay on most surface I would say
[Image: 21A8ED9C-2141-462F-85F2-17A086E3300B-943...602741.jpg]
(11-28-2012, 03:51 PM)VegasThirteen Wrote:  Used to run t drifts, switched to Raikous, then switched to R2 diamond cuts. They are fucking awesome. indoor, outdoor. the best.

Are these the tyres your talking about
R2Hobbys
hey folks I ordered up a couple different sets of drift tires s45's and the d70 dpxe's but for now i running pvc or pipe tires as i like to call them...haha anyways wanting tech's on how to improve the grip on these pipe tires. I run on a smooth concrete shop floor and i get way to much oversteer. especially if you try and throttle over to break the bak loose the front slides b4 catching grip and then comes the wall. any help plz?
sorry folks i meant to say understeer. just realized it now i gave miss information on my question.
try putting some weight up front and if you have any different shock springs try harder front than rear.

could someone tell me what the difference between the HPI treaded drift tires(potenzas,falkens,yokohamas etc)  and the T drifts? i have tried the superdrift radials and find them a little to grippy. i find on ebay r2hobbies have t drifts as well but i take it there are little to  no compound differences?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track surface boyna13 6 2,616 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Last Post: rudeboy03