Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What tires do you run & on what surface??
(01-13-2013, 01:53 AM)Philo Bedo Wrote:  try putting some weight up front and if you have any different shock springs try harder front than rear.

could someone tell me what the difference between the HPI treaded drift tires(potenzas,falkens,yokohamas etc)  and the T drifts? i have tried the superdrift radials and find them a little to grippy. i find on ebay r2hobbies have t drifts as well but i take it there are little to  no compound differences?

have you tried spice tyres they're not bad
Me and my boy run run D70's all around. They get the best amount of slide for us.  DXPE's just as good outdoors but generate a bit more traction than we like sometimes. DXPE's for carpet are way to grippy for me.  

Then again, every time I switch my tires to a different compound. I always have to tune.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FXX-D VIP|MST FXX-D S|MST XXX-D S HT
The Raikou Tires you ordered their grip level will be right in between your abs/pipe tires and Tamiya drift techs.  I think you will like the compound of the Raikous!
[Image: smalleroneTENlogocfedit.jpg]
Promoting radio controlled drifting to the masses since 2009
(01-13-2013, 03:45 AM)pickled Wrote:  
(01-13-2013, 01:53 AM)Philo Bedo Wrote:  try putting some weight up front and if you have any different shock springs try harder front than rear.

could someone tell me what the difference between the HPI treaded drift tires(potenzas,falkens,yokohamas etc)  and the T drifts? i have tried the superdrift radials and find them a little to grippy. i find on ebay r2hobbies have t drifts as well but i take it there are little to  no compound differences?

have you tried spice tyres they're not bad

i have tried the HPI radials,Tamiya Superdriftechs and the R2 'high pressure' tire. the tamiya sdt's are very good but the r2's are so easy to get and are good for bashing as they last pretty well. where are spice and raikou found? are they any different to the t drift slicks or sdt's?
I got my spice tyres from rcMart
i run t drifts for now and they seem to handle rough asphalt real well.. i mean rough i am talking about rocks and mud.. lol.. but do want to get a set of the raikous.. heard nothing but good reviews on them... anyone run spice tires? heard they are good as well..
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
I've been testing some "Spice high flat pull reversible hard tires  (#SPD-008)" I find them really great on asphalt and  concrete I haven't been able to control my drifts as well at my LHS till I tried these tires.  
Has anyone seen these tires "Super Racing D5  drift tires"
[Image: SR_drift_tire_D5_1_zpsa802cfb8.jpg]  [Image: SR_drift_tire_D5_2_zps97ee9e73.jpg]  [Image: super_racing_drift_tires_d1_3.jpg]
there was some reviews on the SR-d3 and d2 earlier i would assume people feel the same about the d5

on another note i ran raikou s45's on tile this weekend and they were phenomenal... i had a marginal advantage over the d70 running dudes and i almost kept up with the treaded r2's. very good tires :)
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
http://raincityrajikon.blogspot.com/p/tire-reviews.html

Made some updates. Mostly R2 and HPI for now... I will be adding some more exotic stuff over the summer.  

For the purposes here; t-drifts on polished concrete are perfect. everything else I've tried has been far to slick and slow or too gripy fast!
http://www.facebook.com/raincityrajikon  - Seattle's scale drift club
RWD yoko dori pake -=- RWD SJ ota-r31 -=- 50:50 SJ ota-r31 (club loaner car)
+ 2wd Slash, 4x4 Slash, e-Maxx, Subaru Brat scaler, mRS4, broken quads and a bunch of spares
I just want to update you guys that run on rough concrete and bitumen I have been using those SR-D5's for about 3 weeks running at least 1 battery every weekday and they still have heaps of meat left on them. I think they are pretty good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track surface boyna13 6 2,754 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Last Post: rudeboy03