Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What tires do you run & on what surface??
(02-19-2013, 04:03 AM)pickled Wrote:  I just want to update you guys that run on rough concrete and bitumen I have been using those SR-D5's for about 3 weeks running at least 1 battery every weekday and they still have heaps of meat left on them. I think they are pretty good.

I was just looking at these. They look similar to raikou D70's? How do they compare to the raikou tires? im thinking of ordering a couple sets from ebay since i cant find them anywhere else?
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
I've never tried raikou tires so I can't give you a comparison but on concrete and bitumen they work great the right amount of grip for me anyway and they last for ages
(02-22-2013, 12:46 AM)pickled Wrote:  I've never tried raikou tires so I can't give you a comparison but on concrete and bitumen they work great the right amount of grip for me anyway and they last for ages

After doing hours of research, I hypothesize that raikou D70/S45's will have sligtly longer lifespan. This because Raikou says they're tires are NOT injection molded, but hand pressed... I will be ordering both sets to test my hypothesis and see if this theory holds true and to compare performance between the two brands. I will post my findings here for others that may be interested in the results. I love Raikou drift tires so for now they are my #1 choice. But im always looking forward to trying something new.

Thanks Pickled
^^
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
I found that the SR D5's are the best fitting tire I've tried so far as well they don't spin on the rims when they get hot
all you gotta do is run O-rings :)  

i run o-rings on all my wheels with d70s and i litterally have to cut the tire off when im done.

matter of fact i still have yet to wear out a set of d70s and i drift nonstop in the summer
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
What do you guys think about Yokomo ZR DR-04? That's what I've been running the last 3 weeks. So much control.

I've tried Raikou D70  and S45,  T-drift and T-drift threaded, Sushi, and a bunch of the rhobbies. I run on some weird linolium stuff. T-Drifts were super grippy right when I let off throttle. Same with the Raikous, not as much though. Sushi were actually great if they drifted more consistently. Really unpredictable. I'm in love with the DR-04s though, hadn't seen them mentioned here yet.
they are to thin and wear out too quickly and are hella expensive
are  SR D5's ok on  semi polished concrete??

thanks
I haven't run them on polished concrete but they are good on slippery bitumen
i would think the D5 would be a little hard for polished concrete.

i saw genki was using d3 and d4 on his DIB on polished concrete

is bitumen asphault?
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track surface boyna13 6 2,260 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Last Post: rudeboy03