Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What tires do you run & on what surface??
that would be 01 rear and 02 front... and maybe on a rwd but not on a cs car
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
kewl just curious to know
im looking forward to the 01's for a lil less grip. in the new video i posted you can see the 02's in action

http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-lea...65#pid8665
Keep Drifting Fun
Hey guys, so im still a newb but i wanted to share my recent awesome experience with Raikou Tires.

First off this company is based in New York so they deliver super fast to the East Coast, i got mine in 4 days which fell over the weekend. I never expected it to be that quick

Now for the tires. I got a set D70's and a set of DXPE's. My previous baseline tire was the stock Sakura sparking tires which were slick but very soft and only lasted about 3 hours total. Given that i do run on a pretty rough concret, maybe a little more corse then a tennis court. The DXPE's are the softer of the two so i mounted up the D70's and oh my god they are sweet. They slide just as easily as the old Sakura tires but you can feel more grip, the car just seems more stable and planted but still drifts like a bat outta hell. And for durability, these things are magic. Iv run them for about 2 hours by now and they havent coned at all. I love these tires and would recommend them to anyone running on rough concret or asphalt.

Let me know if you wanna know any other specifics and ill update everyone once i mount up the DXPE's
the raikou guys are also pretty chill, i get to drift with them often :)

also my d70's lasted almost 6 months... so youll have them for a LONNG time to come :)

(03-28-2013, 11:44 AM)Superjoepez Wrote:  Hey guys, so im still a newb but i wanted to share my recent awesome experience with Raikou Tires.

First off this company is based in New York so they deliver super fast to the East Coast, i got mine in 4 days which fell over the weekend. I never expected it to be that quick

Now for the tires. I got a set D70's and a set of DXPE's. My previous baseline tire was the stock Sakura sparking tires which were slick but very soft and only lasted about 3 hours total. Given that i do run on a pretty rough concret, maybe a little more corse then a tennis court. The DXPE's are the softer of the two so i mounted up the D70's and oh my god they are sweet. They slide just as easily as the old Sakura tires but you can feel more grip, the car just seems more stable and planted but still drifts like a bat outta hell. And for durability, these things are magic. Iv run them for about 2 hours by now and they havent coned at all. I love these tires and would recommend them to anyone running on rough concret or asphalt.

Let me know if you wanna know any other specifics and ill update everyone once i mount up the DXPE's
Keep Drifting Fun
For polished concrete I use Competition Series f2 compound and Spice 711. I have tried Raikou, HPI, R2 and a few other but have found Competition Series and Spice the best. For carpet I use Spice 011.
Carpet - enRoute Medium for Asphalt or Carpet Medium (all tyres Policarbonat compaund)
Asphalt - enRoute Medium for Asphalt (Policarbonat compaund)
Hey Just wondering what tires everyone uses and on what surface.

I use Topline concrete tires on Concrete. i find that they very consistent over a long period of use.
Although the new Speedline 2.2 concrete tyres are very similar and i think i will switch to them when i use my next shell.
[Image: 1975048_10152286815453540_1226896195_n.jpg]
awsome suggestions! lets keep this thread going
Keep Drifting Fun
Any tire suggestions for rwd on super slippery wooden floor? Currently I've only tried MST FR-F hard in front and MST GA26 hard in rear.

Curious about trying something a little more grippier. The setup above is for carpet.

Thanks in advance!

-K
Enroute JXRWD 

Mad Machine IG / Mad Machine FB

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track surface boyna13 6 2,755 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Last Post: rudeboy03