Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What tires do you run & on what surface??
Cs-r soft or medium is good for polished floors. I like hards and hardest on asphalt and carpet
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
Found out the hard way how much of a difference tire quality could make
Was using these cheap unbranded Chinese tires i had from before
Was doing alright, but having some trouble controlling find adjustments, then I swapped to CS-Rs
I felt like I was driving a whole new car. It was slower, but it handled like a dream
I only run on new(er) smooth asphalt and smooth concrete.
I run HPI t-drifts, Raikou DXPE or Raikou D70 depending on how much grip I want based on how fast or slow I plan on drifting.
The only problem I have with the DXPE is they are so low-profile it's hard to get some bodies to look good with them on...my Subaru body can't go low enough to get rid of the wheel gap before hitting the ground.
The upside is that these look/work great on bodies like my FR-S that needs to sit really low anyways to look good and you need low profile tires of lots of camber to avoid tire rubbing.
The D70's have more grip than the HPI t-drifts but have almost the exact same diameter, if it's off it's fractions of a millimeter.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
(04-21-2014, 01:59 PM)rudeboy03 Wrote:  Cs-r soft or medium is good for polished floors. I like hards and hardest on asphalt and carpet

Thanks for that! I'll try the soft CS-R ones for this purpose as a start. Should I go soft on the FR-Fs in the front also maybe?

-K
Enroute JXRWD 

Mad Machine IG / Mad Machine FB
(04-21-2014, 02:15 PM)wareagle84 Wrote:  I only run on new(er) smooth asphalt and smooth concrete.
I run HPI t-drifts, Raikou DXPE or Raikou D70 depending on how much grip I want based on how fast or slow I plan on drifting.
The only problem I have with the DXPE is they are so low-profile it's hard to get some bodies to look good with them on...my Subaru body can't go low enough to get rid of the wheel gap before hitting the ground.
The upside is that these look/work great on bodies like my FR-S that needs to sit really low anyways to look good and you need low profile tires of lots of camber to avoid tire rubbing.
The D70's have more grip than the HPI t-drifts but have almost the exact same diameter, if it's off it's fractions of a millimeter.

What surface do you run on? Ive never encountered the d70 being faster than the t-drift ever

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Im looking for advice, I already bought everything I needed for my first build and I was wondering if the tires I got would be any good on many surfaces. I bought http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-wl0038...34007.html and I do not know if they are any good for carpet, asphalt,etc. Would I need to buy other sets for different types of surface?
Keep Drifting Fun
^merged into this thread, you should be able to find what your looking for on here.

polycarbonate tires are mainly used on polished concrete. we run different tires for almost every surface. the only tires i recommend to use on any surface are raikous
Keep Drifting Fun
(04-21-2014, 03:24 PM)robb41488 Wrote:  
(04-21-2014, 02:15 PM)wareagle84 Wrote:  I only run on new(er) smooth asphalt and smooth concrete.

What surface do you run on? Ive never encountered the d70 being faster than the t-drift ever

So far running the D70 on my newly paved and sealed driveway, the D70's seem to give me more control than the t-drifts. The t-drifts kind of feel like driving on ice (exaggerated, but gives you an idea) compared to the D70's. I feel as though I have more control with the D70's than t-drifts.
Maybe it's my imagination, maybe it's the sealer they put on my driveway or maybe I'm just crazy...IDK, but I feel more in control with D70's than t-drifts.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
what tyres do you recommend for lower CS (1.5), slower ride, ideal amount of grip for beginner, for rougher (medium to pretty rough) asphalt and concrete? no raikous (expensive with international shipping).
cheap r2 diamond cut hard plastic? rc-art? mst cs-r? hard? harder? mediumt? stay with tdrifts?
Pretty ruff asphalt will need to stick to anything hard or harder. Carpet tires work very well but will be loud as fuhhhh lol

Keep Drifting Fun

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track surface boyna13 6 2,754 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Last Post: rudeboy03