What y'all do for a living

62 Replies, 17616 Views

Just wanted to see what y'all do for a living.. Let me start with me..

I was stationed in kabul, Afghanistan for a year and a half as an aviation manager for the DOD..

Loads of experience with f15c/d/e fighters, mq1/9 predator & reaper unmanned drones, c27 cargo aircraft... Loads more experience, but don't want to bore you guys with aviation jargon and make it sound like I am submitting a résumé... Lol

Now jus waiting on my next assignment. Jus chilling and being a bum in the Philippines.. Lol..Crossing my fingers for Japan for my next assignment...
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
the way N/Korea are going you'll probably get there?

Anyway I'm a fulltime bum lol. I'm on a pension for a back injury and I'm not even 40 yet. So I get to spend heaps of time in front of my PC and messing with my cars lol
Lol.. If anything South Korea.. Wouldn't mind being there.. And from my experiences dealing issues with NK.. I don't think they are stupid enough to take on both the US and SK..

Man I want your job.. Hehe..
The underdog drifter....
I'm a dealership Toyota technician. In other words, a dealership mechanic. That is, I was. Now I've been a drift junkie bum the past 3 months.

Pickled, that's an awesome job! I'm a bum trying to stretch my money. Doesn't help buying thousand dollar toys!

Combat, you in the USAF? Interesting to see what happens the next few weeks with North Korea.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.
(04-03-2013, 06:44 AM)Chiefy707 Wrote: I'm a dealership Toyota technician. In other words, a dealership mechanic. That is, I was. Now I've been a drift junkie bum the past 3 months.

Pickled, that's an awesome job! I'm a bum trying to stretch my money. Doesn't help buying thousand dollar toys!

Combat, you in the USAF? Interesting to see what happens the next few weeks with North Korea.

Nope I used to be.. I jus work for the DOD now as a civilian... Well we will see.. I think they won't do anything.. Our f22 planes are there right now... I will let you in on one capability of the f22.. Don't worry this is not classified information.. 1 f22 can take on a fleet of 5-8 f15's. that plane is ridiculous after of course they fixed all the bugs when it first came into service.. Lol..
The underdog drifter....
I was reading about that. I'm very much into military aviation and I remember the some joint exercise that took place just south of Alaska where the F22 proved it's worth.
Interesting to see how it will compare to the Russian/Indian T50.

If NK does do something dumb, I wonder how China will react?
I ´m a mechanic apprentice at a Toyota dealership
Well those planes a ridiculous too, but one difference between those and our planes are stealth technology.. The paint on a f22 is so classified.. I can't tell ya'll everything I know, but the things I have seen.. Ridiculous.. Haha.. So I am not concerned about NK.. China I don't think will get into it... If only they see a threat from the US they might act.. Our technology on our military is way above most countries.. I don't know why countries like to mess with us.. When we can put an defensive strike on the country being stupid from miles away without The country knowing..Lol

Back to the topic... How do you become a mechanic in a dealership?
The underdog drifter....
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013, 07:05 AM by Combat_Drftr.)
I went to a trade school and hopped around from shop to shop after that.  My buddy got hired and that's what got me in.  That was in 2000.

Working for the DoD rather than being in the DoD through the USAF pays helluva lot more doesnt it?
Yup.. Lol.. It does pay more... So you are certified Toyota mechanic? They bring in any exotics while you were there perhaps? LFA... Hehe
The underdog drifter....