Where all my Yoko Type-C Brothers at?

33 Replies, 7167 Views

Finally got a pic, sorry about delay. Haven't had a computer in nearly a week after my son broke the screen and wasn't sure how to upload photos (and resize them) via mobile.

[Image: 2wgb38w.jpg]
Today a snapped another upper a-arm turnbuckle. First one I snapped when I went off the track and just went in some dirt, so I replaced the standard turnbuckle with Overdose HD ones and had to get another arm as broken part of rod was still inside arm. Today I just managed to clip something and snapped the OD HD one. Going to get the Yoko Titanium ones now and give them ago. Also have some WUN arms coming. Don't want to have it happen with them and then the broken rod stuck inside the arm like the standard plastic ones. Is there something a may have setup wrong in the front end for it to snap so easy? Only running -3 degree camber.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2016, 09:08 AM by H0LESH0T.)
I've looked to see what type of turnbuckles are available in this size and there is steel (standard) and also what the overdose ones are, titanium, iron and aluminium. Which would be the best material to get? Prefer something strong over something light.
I would purchase steel turnbuckles from a known manufacturer. If you have a history of breaking turnbuckles, you might want to look into the D-Like DL178 Triangle Arm Block, which I believe some have used on FR-D setups to strengthen the upper front suspension arms by having two turnbuckles provide lateral stiffness, not one.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog