Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why have rear wheel drive?
I'd like to know why there is rear wheel drive in more powerful cras. I know it's because they have the power to do it. But why even have such a things when front wheel drive works fine?
There are simply good and bad for either platform

If you are driving and you take a turn, on a fwd car you will lose traction trying to accelerate out of the corner, the car rolls and you are experincing heavy understeer.

In a rwd car you will be able to turn faster but you would experince the car rolls at the rear and that would make the car oversteer, losing traction but overall it would be faster since a little oversteer with the front following the corner is faster.
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 1.80 - Main

MST RMX-D VIP - RWD - Main

Yokomo YD-2 RWD
(10-25-2016, 03:00 AM)Woodsnail Wrote:  There are simply good and bad for either platform

If you are driving and you take a turn, on a fwd car you will lose traction trying to accelerate out of the corner, the car rolls and you are experincing heavy understeer.

In a rwd car you will be able to turn faster but you would experince the car rolls at the rear and that would make the car oversteer, losing traction but overall it would be faster since a little oversteer with the front following the corner is faster.

Thank you dear for your valuable comment. You give exactly what i want. By the way thanks again.
Something to also think about. If your car breaks down and you need to move it ASAP, do you get in front of it and pull it off the road (fwd) or get behind and push it (rwd)?
(10-26-2016, 02:49 PM)H0LESH0T Wrote:  Something to also think about. If your car breaks down and you need to move it ASAP, do you get in front of it and pull it off the road (fwd) or get behind and push it (rwd)?

NO i never do it. I am not a good driver. Just sometime drive my car when my heart say to driving.
Hello Guys, I need to know about http://motorthread.com/ this site. Can this site help me in automotive problem. What do you think about this. I will happy to know your answer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is my car rear wheel drive chief-andy22 18 3,963 05-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: SlideSideWayz