Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will The Tamiya 190mm R33 shell fit my Vaterra v100-c?
Hey Guys,I bought a Tamiya 190mm body for my Vaterra v100-c and I wanted to know if it would fit because I'm not sure. The wheelbase on the Tamiya Shell is 257mm and the wheelbase on the Vaterra is 256mm but the Length for the Tamiya is 464mm and the Vaterra is 371mm so I can't  figure out wether it would fit or not because the Tamiya shell is much larger in length. Please help guys. Appreciate it. ?
The Tamiya R33 body should fit your Vantera just fine as 1/10 rc bodies are sized primarily by their wheelbase. Tamiya bundles the R33 body with their TT02D chassis, which measure 376mm (compared with the 371mm of your Vaterra chassis).

Source: http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58584/index.htm

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(08-24-2016, 12:14 AM)DriftGundam Wrote:  The Tamiya R33 body should fit your Vantera just fine as 1/10 rc bodies are sized primarily by their wheelbase. Tamiya bundles the R33 body with their TT02D chassis, which measure 376mm (compared with the 371mm of your Vaterra chassis).

Source: http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58584/index.htm

-Vic

Thank You, one more thing. I'm going to paint the car black so how many layers/paint will I need ?
Painting from the inside, I would apply three coats:
1. Very light mist that you can barily see to seal the edges of the masks.
2. A standard coat moving first vertically and then horizontally so that your paint pattern forms a #.
3. A standard coat moving first vertically and then horizontally so that your paint pattern forms a #.

Make sure that you keep the can warm, shake the paint can for a minute before you start, don't hold the trigger too long, and maintain a good distance. Also, wait until the paint dries (is no longer shiny) before applying the next coat as you don't want it to run. Holding the body up to the sun to see light areas also helps.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(08-24-2016, 09:54 AM)DriftGundam Wrote:  Painting from the inside, I would apply three coats:
1. Very light mist that you can barily see to seal the edges of the masks.
2. A standard coat moving first vertically and then horizontally so that your paint pattern forms a #.
3. A standard coat moving first vertically and then horizontally so that your paint pattern forms a #.

Make sure that you keep the can warm, shake the paint can for a minute before you start, don't hold the trigger too long, and maintain a good distance. Also, wait until the paint dries (is no longer shiny) before applying the next coat as you don't want it to run. Holding the body up to the sun to see light areas also helps.

-Vic
Thank You!