Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window trim after painting
Hello, I recently painted my first drift car. Used Tamiya PS16 which looks as spectacular as I'd imagined. Unfortunately, the Turnigy RX-7 body I bought came with stickers for windows which I proceeded to do a terrible job of placing.  The flat stickers did not place well over the rounded surfaces and bunched up in places.  I want to remove them and start from scratch.

What I'm wondering is, what is the best way to paint the front and rear window trim?

Should I buy some acrylic paint and take my time with a brush? Should I Mask it off really well and hit it with black primer and clear coat?

Or should I just try and find another sticker sheet?

I would also like to redo the tail lights. For this I was thinking paint with brush over body, then mask off and hit it with VHT nightshade. Thoughts?

Thank you for your time.
The way i've been taught is to paint the body on the inside, then before you take the masking off inside, you take a sharp knife/blade, cut the window trim on the outside since the body has that plastic on, use that to your advantage and paint with black/gun metal to get the trim looking realistic and nice.
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car trim tape MSP611 6 1,818 05-09-2015, 12:26 AM
Last Post: tamiya
Next Window trim KAZ919 9 3,161 02-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Last Post: foku5